Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic


-DLC-
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just bought cheap tix for today at home.

 

I've never been this pumped to see a pre-season game EVER. 

 

Can't wait to hear "Bruce, there it is" and get a look at Mikheyev and Kuz. Actually excited to see Martin in net. 

I have a good feeling about this squad, one that I haven't felt in a long- time. Obviously every year it's natural to have hope (unless actively sucking) but this year feels different.

Love what we added but for me it's the internal growth that has me excited. In Quinns case this season he's the same age as Fox and Makar, when they had their breakout Norris winning seasons. No pressure lol.  

I think we see career years from Petey, Hughes, Podz, and Brock and Demko, which sounds like a lot to hope for but all are at the age where it's not too much of a reach.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I have a good feeling about this squad, one that I haven't felt in a long- time. Obviously every year it's natural to have hope (unless actively sucking) but this year feels different.

Love what we added but for me it's the internal growth that has me excited. In Quinns case this season he's the same age as Fox and Makar, when they had their breakout Norris winning seasons. No pressure lol.  

I think we see career years from Petey, Hughes, Podz, and Brock and Demko, which sounds like a lot to hope for but all are at the age where it's not too much of a reach.

I agree.

 

I also feel so much more optimistic...last year was so strange in not really understanding what was happening until the full magnitude of it hit. Then learning Petey was injured was actually a big time relief because we had a reason for his personal struggle. Seeing how this team did turn it around under Bruce offers a lot of hope. Some people apply the fact that the first half of last season was a failure meant the TEAM was a failure...but there was more to it. 

 

Patience is sometimes required and this team healthy and with Bruce behind the bench from the get go is something to be pretty excited about.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I agree.

 

I also feel so much more optimistic...last year was so strange in not really understanding what was happening until the full magnitude of it hit. Then learning Petey was injured was actually a big time relief because we had a reason for his personal struggle. Seeing how this team did turn it around under Bruce offers a lot of hope. Some people apply the fact that the first half of last season was a failure meant the TEAM was a failure...but there was more to it. 

 

Patience is sometimes required and this team healthy and with Bruce behind the bench from the get go is something to be pretty excited about.

I used to dread pre-season/camp because there was always roster drama, or contracts with RFAs unsigned and players missing camp. Feels good to roll in with the full squad, all the core pieces are still here. We added, instead of losing key guys to free agency like the past few seasons.

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

I used to dread pre-season/camp because there was always roster drama, or contracts with RFAs unsigned and players missing camp. Feels good to roll in with the full squad, all the core pieces are still here. We added, instead of losing key guys to free agency like the past few seasons.

When JT re-signed (thank God) We finally had the answer to the intentions of management. Losing him for futures would have not only sucked on the ice but would have quelled all the positive vibes under Bruce and the ufa signings.

I also think it would have led to Petey losing faith in the long-term outlook and possibly lead to him not wanting to be around.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm sure this has been posted...but just seeing it now. And it gave me goosebumps....LET'S GOOOOOOOO! I'm marinading some chicken breasts in Mama Sita's and will grill them for preseason chicken burgers. Yip.

 

high five on the chicken burgs. I'm making the same thing, different marinade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Lol game day threads are the best,even if its only preseason.Stoked to say the least.

 

GO CANUCKS!!!!

It'll take the full pre-season games of GDT for the Canucks faithful to be firing on all cylinders for opening day. 

 

So much optimism for the new season.  So stoked about the group of forwards JR/Allvin have assembled in such a short time.  If guys coming back are 10-15% better individually and collectively and the new signings can gel quickly, the sky's the limit for the group of 12-13.  One thing for sure, we won't see Justin Dowling on the opening day roster.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -DLC- changed the title to Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...