The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I didn’t bother watching when I saw the roster.  This was a pre-waivers game to have a last look at a bunch of folks who won’t be on the roster in 12hrs and just the bare minimum number of vets.

Sounds like Wolanin might be in the top 8 D to start the season, especially if injuries linger.  

Aman is interesting as he brings more speed.  If Dickenson can’t find his footing again, maybe Aman a cheaper option that fits the style better.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I only watched the first couple periods but it was entertaining and the Canucks worked hard I thought. Couple nice surprises. Might have actually won that game with stronger goaltending. Played like a team out there. Looking forward to the NHL lineups the next 2 games. Really good way to see what we have for the last roster spots, call up etc, those guys wouldn’t have gotten the ice time if the big boys were playing.

ps I love the crying in Pre season, its good entertainment so thank you 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 2

Just now, Provost said:

I didn’t bother watching when I saw the roster.  This was a pre-waivers game to have a last look at a. Inch of folks who won’t be on the roster in 12hrs and just the bare minimum number of vets.

Sounds like Wolanin might be in the top 8 D to start the season, especially if injuries linger.  

Aman is interesting as he brings more speed.  If Dickenson can’t find his footing again, maybe Aman a cheaper option that fits the style better.

You know, we did lose all our preseason games prior to this, right? If we're going to make excuses like this for losing, at least have the spine to call it out as it is.

• Haha 1

Well, I'm still putting Dickinson + Poolman on waivers if I'm the man in charge. 

Right now my lineup when healthy would be:

Hog-Miller-Boeser

Mik-Petey-Kuz

Garland-Bo-Podz

Pearson-Lazar-Lockwood/Joshua

OEL-Hughes

Dermott-Myers

Burroughs-Schenn

Rathbone

Ps no idea if this fits under the cap

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You know, we did lose all our preseason games prior to this, right? If we're going to make excuses like this for losing, at least have the spine to call it out as it is.

What you are on about, aside from continuing to be a whiny troll who is always trying to antagonize other posters?

I never referenced our other games or made any excuses for any performance.  I just posted that I didn’t bother to watch once I saw the roster that was being trotted out and that most of them would be off the roster tomorrow.

Are you just sour that your hero Benning’s roster still isn’t any good?

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Well, I'm still putting Dickinson + Poolman on waivers if I'm the man in charge. 

Hog-Miller-Boeser

Mik-Petey-Kuz

Garland-Bo-Podz

OEL-Hughes

Dermott-Myers

Burroughs-Schenn

Rathbone

Ok Vegas

14 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Hog-Miller-Boeser

Mik-Petey-Kuz

Garland-Bo-Podz

OEL-Hughes

Dermott-Myers

Burroughs-Schenn

Rathbone

I’m not impressed with dickinson at all and I liked him in Dallas and thought he was a decent acquisition. Maybe he was a product of the defensive environment there I don’t know.

I don’t know about your lineup there though

26 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Why? Against the Oilers the defence consisted of Wolanin, Juulsen, DeKeyser, Brisebois, Burroughs and Keeper. All good players but none of them outstanding. Although I think he's played well enough, I don't think DeKeyser gets a contract. Of the rest, Burroughs might slot in as 7th or 8th defenceman. The rest will give Abbotsford a pretty decent defence. Be careful not to read too much into what is really just an audition for an eventual NHL job.

Sadly brother, that's prob half our D right there.

Honestly that wasn’t a bad preseason performance considering the disparity in the lineups. It wasn’t horrible to watch either for the most part.

I was pleased with Wolanin and Lazar the most. 

wolanin is making the team I think or at least will be the first call up he was really showing what he brings tonight and I really appreciated it.

I know it’s preseason but he really showed well and was all over the ice, the score sheet and made a positive impact on the game I. A pretty hard position to stand out considering the lineups. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1