The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, aliboy said:

One thing, they don't need all three centers on the 1st pp unit, move one to the 2nd unit, we have enough talent to have 2 good units!! They need to work on the pp which can be done.

Yup.

Need to split it up and rotate and go with whichever unit is hot.  PP1 eats so much time that almost nothing left for PP2.

Garland

Kuz Miller EP

Hughes

Podz

Boeser Bo Hogz

OEL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I think the up 3-0 part made people a little more emotional. I expected a loss tonight and was somehow still let down. 

Yeah, win percentage when up 3-0 around the 1st intermission is about 90%. It's quite difficult to throw a lead like that away,

• Huggy Bear 1

49 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Terrible game by Pearson, Horvat and Miller.

We. Need. Defence.

I’m so tired of the lack of "heart and soul" from Horvat on a consistent basis and I love Miller but his yo-yo effort games are frustrating. Pettersson, Hughes and Demko can’t carry this team on their own.

Also, don’t blame the missed call. Good teams don’t break down after one bad goal.

I don't think Pearson made contact on that high sticking call either

but 

but 'but the special teams

bring back Baumer!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

He won't get to 20 games until February. Same story every year for this guy. 

Wow. Guy has played 85% of all games he's been eligible for since signing an NHL contract 6 years ago (325/381). Plays a career average of 70 out of 82 games over a full season while putting up 0.788 PPG and that just isn't good enough for people.

Up 3-0 and out shooting the Oilers in the middle of the game, then we blow it big time. 1-8 on the PP is unacceptable considering how good those guys looked in training camp, sucks all the life out of the team, then Edmonton respond 3-4 on the PP, no surprise there we have no good defensive forwards or defencemen anymore, and the SHG is the dagger. Absolutely brutal way to lose a game but lots to learn for this team, they got humbled tonight in a big way. Bad start to the year for Demko too, he's going to have his stats destroyed with this PK and defence.

If our PK is the worst in the league again it will single handedly drag us out of a playoff spot.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I've seen lots of captains pick a scrap with a tougher opponent and hang on for dear life! Fires the team up!

He could have also got in Kane or Nurses face a few scrums in a row... Or got chipping with McBaby... Just something to get under their skin. 

Garland is our chippiest player.. there's something wrong there

Well said

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

but were YOU good? mr 7m dollar man? 

Couturier pretty much lost all his front teeth playing a gritty 2way game, and here we have our Captain who couldnt even be bothered to stick up for Quinn. 

BH: "I thought we did a lot of good things 5-on-5...Our power play let us down tonight."

That right there is Captain Nice channeling TG. "We had some good looks, and......... "I thought we did a lot of good things 5-on-5...Our power play let us down tonight."

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1