The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 Buffalo Sabres(3-1-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(0-3-2) 7:00pm PT at Rogers Arena (HOME ICE!) HNIC SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

8 minutes ago, quattrobaj said:

I like poolman this year but if he's always going to be injured after a few games and then having to sit out for weeks... this isn't good for the team nor his health.  We my as well not have a RHD/Poolman if he's only able to play 15-20 games and save cap space.  It sucks but injury prone players hurt the team.

I rather have tanman!!! He gives us consistent games 

2 hours ago, lmm said:

Available points Awarded

the Canucks currently have 2 points

but they have given up 10 points

they have accrued 2/12 available points, their winning % is .166

if they win the next 4 games in regulation they will have 10 points in 9 games

but they will have given up 10 points in 9 games, they will be at .500, not above

if they win the next 4 games in OT / SO they will have 10 points in 9 games and have given up 14 points

of the 24 points allotted they will have picked up 10, so they will be amassing points at a rate of .416, not 500 or .555 ( 10 points in 9 games appears to be .555)

This is all a product of the NHL not understanding math

the concept of .500 hockey should have died a peaceful death with the advent of the loser point

remember all the talk about "the Historical record books" when the NHL refused to go to a full 3 point system

the "Historical record books" were ruined with the advent of the loser point, but the NHL has pulled the wool over the eyes of any fan that chooses or cannot do simple math

in summary

the old days

2 points awarded, each team take 1 point, 1 divided by 2 = .5 or .50 or .500 or .5000000, we  call it five hundred

you can use the same method to find the "true" points % by dividing points taken by total points awarded

if the Canucks win the next 4 games, but win 1-2 or 3 giving up a loser point their winning % will be different with each scenario

but you can use this formula for their winning %

This is important when playing teams in your division or even conference, but not so important when playing the East, (until you make the finals, where 1 loser point might give you home ice advantage)

Math is fun

We've only played 5 games; we have 2/10 available points.

49 minutes ago, chon derry said:

This 4th line played like 3 stars last game; big, fast, tough, threatening to score, and scoring.

Here's the link for Aman's goal (cannot seem to get it to put up the video; help?):

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/aman-scores-his-1st-nhl-goal/t-277437438/c-13258197 

Wouldn't be surprised to see them get another goal soon.

Does PA get any credit for these 3?

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

This 4th line played like 3 stars last game; big, fast, tough, threatening to score, and scoring.

Here's the link for Aman's goal (cannot seem to get it to put up the video; help?):

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/aman-scores-his-1st-nhl-goal/t-277437438/c-13258197 

Wouldn't be surprised to see them get another goal soon.

Does PA get any credit for these 3?

I’d say so given a few more games for reference. Looking great last game 

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Don't be surprised if a jersey or two appear out  of nowhere after the team setting new Historical Low of lows - unseen in recorded human history on this planet!

Let’s leave the Leaf/Oiler fans with their signature move.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, quattrobaj said:

I like poolman this year but if he's always going to be injured after a few games and then having to sit out for weeks... this isn't good for the team nor his health.  We my as well not have a RHD/Poolman if he's only able to play 15-20 games and save cap space.  It sucks but injury prone players hurt the team.

Sounds like Salo,Tanev, and Edler... We didn't have depth to fill in for them either but hopefully that changes and we just start drafting for D or BPA and trade for D picks up or down. 

This team with depth? Not sure that would be easy to get used to... Welcomed for sure but getting used to the franchise having a productive farm for once? That'd be weird...a good weird but weird..