The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, gurn said:

This current regime has signed more than $20 mill worth of contracts for next year.

almost 25% of the cap. So anything JB did cap wise, these guys seem to just follow along. Then the media says "JB's fault" while a bunch of fans agree.

Exactly. JR blabbering on about how their hands are tied. Good trick, they tied themselves up. Talk about epic failure.

• Cheers 1

If the 'tank' continues it would be better to concentrate/follow the top 5-6 prospects.

Focusing too much on the top guy will make the 2nd place guy feel bad if he ends up on the team.

Eichel never got over the way he got introduced to Buffalo.

The gm was almost in tears about losing MC D, rather than happy to have Jack- who is a hell of a hockey player in his own right.

Edited by gurn

2 hours ago, BPA said:

4pts in 6 games.  

65pts this season is still doable.  Getting 30g is probably out of the question unless he goes on a tear.

I hope so I like the guy and want him to succeed, he's been a little disappointing so far in his career not entirely without reason of course, so there is hope it's just starting to fade a bit.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

At least Lefferimaki has 3 points through 9 games in swe tier 2 league. 

Exactly what we need :blink:

yup this franchise needs another goal scoring winger like Lekkerimäki more desperately than a top 4 D-Man. To the defence of Patrik Allvin they at least the best player available at #10. Trading down and grabbing Bichsel would have been the better choice.

• There it is 1

If that JT Miller pumpkin patch story is true that is very sad. But, personally people who would be doing that are usually COWards and would never have the balls to say that directly to someone's face...they would troll them on a site like this and be all internet tough...

Just shit work echoing through the whole organization right now. Terrible effort in a must win game, no "Burn it to the Ground" after the Garland goal, terrible moves by management since taking over. I think im finally ready to blow it up and trade anyone not named Petey, Hughes, or Demko.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

yup this franchise needs another goal scoring winger like Lekkerimäki more desperately than a top 4 D-Man. To the defence of Patrik Allvin they at least the best player available at #10. Trading down and grabbing Bichsel would have been the better choice.

Or just taking Bichsel with our pick. Or Kemell if we were going for a scoring winger. At least he's feisty. In addition to scoring ability. 

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

It was a one year, with an option for the second year.

When the first year was almost up, both JR and BB opted for the second year.

But I believe both had the option not to re-up.

JR said at that time that BB was signed for the second year and that both were going to let that play out.

In other words, Bruce was under a contract that they had agreed to, and not a 'lame duck' coach.

Understood!  I believe the second year option was a bit of a surprise to JR (unless I misunderstood what he was saying)

I can't find the clip at the moment as I'm at work but listened to it this morning.