The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] October 24, 2022 Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (0-4-2) Rogers Arena 7:30pm PT SN360 SNO SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, Boudrias said:

Miller likely wanted to say F-off after listening to the same questions for the 10th time. I was one who wanted to trade Miller last spring but I never questioned his desire to play well and win hockey games. Confidence is huge and lack of it causes the half second of indecision that costs goals. I feel sorry for these guys as they struggle thru this challenge. I still think the club needs a 1RD in the worst way. 

Well, in JT’s defence, I share his clear loathing of the Van media.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reporter:  "Bo said yesterday that sometimes it feels like you'll never win again, like the way certain things are going, and obviously that's not going to be the case, but is it hard to let some of that kinda seep in in game when things don't go well?"

JT Miller:  After a look of disgust in his eyes, "Part of this job is being a man and doing your job, if everybody looks each other in the mirror and steps up a little bit you should never feel like you're not going to win"

I get it now... Change

your name to JTs Mullet 

:bigblush:

What did JT say about the jerseys on the ice again?

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

I apologize for attending this game. My

girlfriend’s work gave us these tickets, and I would LOVE to stay home but I’d rather her not go with her “gay” co worker who I swear has a thing for her. 

Best to nip that in the bud, "Bud", doesn't matter if they're gay or not.

Trying to be the nice, understanding guy has failed for me more than once.

No apologies for attending the game necessary.

Just cheer like a rabid hyena so we'll see who you are!

Go Nuckies.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oooof, that's a rough looking defense.

Hopefully Brisebois plays well, it'd be nice if he could turn into a bottom pairing guy. 

44 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Week to week? Hard to read into what injury reports mean, they don't give the media anything clear. 

Hughes has been eating some of the biggest minutes in the league, that's a huge loss going forward whether he's struggled a bit or not. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Really don't care what they say. In Bo's case he's just being honest because most are feeling that way.

Who ever walks the walk will win the day in the end and Bo's been one of our best forwards so far.

Yep, Bo can call out his teammates as he’s actually performing.

Miller calling out his teammates when he’s floating and giving 60% is a bad look. He needs to own his own play before commenting on anyone else’s.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Oooof, that's a rough looking defense.

Hopefully Brisebois plays well, it'd be nice if he could turn into a bottom pairing guy. 

Week to week? Hard to read into what injury reports mean, they don't give the media anything clear. 

Hughes has been eating some of the biggest minutes in the league, that's a huge loss going forward whether he's struggled a bit or not. 

yeah its not good. We're looking at having to win 7 or 8 of the next 10, and then we lose Hughes :sadno:

well.... I guess team blow up here we come? 

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I think players should give a shit about seeing their team’s jersey thrown on the ice. It’s hugely disrespectful to the team and every player who has ever worn that jersey. As imac said in an interview this morning, the jersey isn’t just some costume they put on. It means a lot to the players. 

It is one of the most effective ways for fans to show their displeasure, but to do it at the start of the season during the home opener? That’s a crappy thing to do.

Horvat:
"They deserve to be upset"

Miller:
"If they wanna spend their money they can do what they want. We need to win." 

I cant remember the last time feeling this dejected about a canuck team, maybe the late 90s.  I know there were a lot of questions about what happened from 2014 till about 2020 but in each one of those seasons I had a bit of hope that one of the draft picks was going to make a difference in a year or two and the place holder players would eventually get replaced (guys like MDZ and gagner)

Being up against the cap, having all the "high" picks in the lineup, and having nothing in the cupboard (well nothing for sure)  that will be able to help in the next year or two makes this really tough to watch.  Fixing the d alone will take engineering that doesnt have much precedent in the history of the team. 

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yeah its not good. We're looking at having to win 7 or 8 of the next 10, and then we lose Hughes :sadno:

well.... I guess team blow up here we come? 

Could be, we could very well lose ten in a row. Carolina is a good team, Seattle's actually been pretty good and have been plucky, and Pittsburgh's just been dismantling teams with their goal scoring and leading the league in goals with an average of 5.2. We get the Devils after Pittsburgh and for whatever reason they always seem to get up against us, struggling team or not. 

That Hughes loss is devastating to this team's ability to produce offense from the back end.