The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] October 24, 2022 Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (0-4-2) Rogers Arena 7:30pm PT SN360 SNO SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Our 1st d pair tonight has a 6'2'' and a 6'4'' player who rarely hit or clear the crease but do bleed giveaways... while carrying $14 million/year cap hit combined.

Edited by 1-d
clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Our 1st d pair tonight is two 6'2'' & 6'4'' guys who rarely hit or clear the crease but do bleed giveaways... while carrying $14 million/year cap hit combined.

iT MUST be time to re-sign Myers to a $6X7 deal

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Definitely one of my favorite Canuck memories.  Burr and Kes were magic together.  1st unit PK, agitators, scorers, best buds.  Sadly, I think this group has lost it's mojo and I'm ready for the blow up.  If i'm expecting them to suck I can no longer be dissappointed.  Take THAT, losing streak!

Game prediction, Canucks will win and give everyone false hope and then lose to Seattle.  I'd love to be proven wrong but

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I still remember Burrows ' celly after that goal.

29 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Back on February 3rd, 2009, the Canucks were on the cusp of losing their 9th straight game. After huge expectations that year to be a competitive team, AV's job was on the line, the core players were on the cusp of being broken up, the additions of Mats Sundin and Pavol Demitra created expectations for greatness, yet it looked like this team after blowing a lead to the Canes was destined for impending disaster yet again. It surely looked like the future of this Canucks team was in question until a hero emerged that sent the Canucks to win 23 of their next 31 games.

Fast forward to October 24th, 2022, a cold dreary Monday. The team has been dragged through the mud for the past six games, on ice arguments, jerseys thrown on the ice, coach and president calling out the team. 6 straight loses and very well on the cusp of losing control of the rest of the season: It very well feels like today, tonight, the very season for the Canucks as at a cross roads. 

This is the last bit of hope I'm trying to hold onto right now. I said in the last GDT that I have finally lost hope, but there is a tiny sliver that exists - the remaining embers of the fire in the tank is ever so slightly still alive. Going to the game tonight, praying that this team will give me a glimmer of hope because I can't take much more of what has been a debacle of a start.

Who will be our Alex Burrows tonight?

Ahh yes, the classic forehand/backhand roofer by Burrows. How many times did we see that? 

Sorry but Roddy Brind'Amour started salivating before he left the Saddledome knowing the Canuck pigeons were next on his list. This guy is hardcore. He'll play Chatfield just to rub it in and get a few more sweaters on the cheap.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Quick, quick someone make a thread about JT’s “staggering” comments!

paging @VancouverHabitant

Hearing your captain say that you may not win another game isn't shocking to you?  

Interesting 

6 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Our 1st d pair tonight is two 6'2'' & 6'4'' guys who rarely hit or clear the crease but do bleed giveaways... while carrying $14 million/year cap hit combined.

OEL is our most aggressive dman next to Schenn.  

Probably the best one at clearing the crease. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I still remember Burrows ' celly after that goal.

oh man.  If for some reason this game goes the same as the past 6 (and that carolina game with burr and kes) AND they win it with a goal in the last 2min, I hope someone does the "stick break" celly.  I'd hop back on board the bandwagon so fast, until they lose to Seatlle that is lol.

Edited by Petey Castiglione
to english better
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

JT Miller:  "I've got a job to do. I'm worried about beating the Canes tonight and having a good start to the game and us really trying to come together as a team"

Bo Horvat:  "At this point in the season, it just feels like it's never going to happen, like we're never going to win again"

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Petey Castiglione said:

oh man.  If for some reason this game goes the same was as the the past 6 (and that carolina game with burr and kes) AND they win it with a goal in the last 2min, I hope someone does the "stick break" celly.  I'd hop on back on board the bandwagon so fast, until they lose to Seatlle that is lol.

Have you looked at the standings? Seattle have been doing great since they got rid of Cammy