The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

Not going to pretend I know much of anything about Myren. I don't like giving up on a young, big righty who can skate. This trade seems like a stupid gamble. This, and the stupid Dickenson trade and I'm getting worried. Unless, unless this is all prelude to a bigger move. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Forsling was a 7th rounder they traded not even a year after drafting him. A little far fetched to call him a stud prospect at the time.

5th rounder and named top D of WJC or something but I get what your saying. Still odd for us to dump a young RHD prospect when we have next to none in the system

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

that's the most disingenuous description of dipietro a person could write. this guy calls himself a journalist? the team and dipietro's representatives have been openly searching for a trading partner for months and nobody was interested in the slightest. 

I can't with Canucks Twitter Heads :picard:

Love to stir the pot in the media using ill-informed fans for clicks/likes.

DiPietro was 5th on our depth chart. He played awful in the NHL so far, and very underwhelming in AHL. Not only that, but he wanted out.

Only real breaking point in this trade is Myrenberg. I don't know much about him other than he's an RD. Studnicka has NHL potential for sure, so in my opinion it's a win so far. Purely depends on Myrenberg's trajectory.

Don't hate the move.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Don’t agree. Forsling took off right away. Already played a full season in the SHL and had 8 points in 7 games in the WJC.

All before we traded him 

He was traded in Jan 2015, so mid-way through 14-15 which was his first year in the SHL. (Finished with 6 pts in 38 games)

He was starting to look like a legit prospect but wouldn't say he was a stud yet, they traded him quick. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1