The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

In order of best to worst Canucks D, just my opinion

Hughes

Schenn

Burroughs

Myers

Ekman-Larsson

Dermott

Stillman

Bear (still need to see him play as a Canuck)

Rathbone

(not including Poolman, as I think he might be done)

That is brutal. Not your post, but how bad our defensive core is.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Just quoting this again to prove my point. This was what set everything off. 

Absolutely NO ONE is arguing with the many reasonable people who have stated they are concerned about this trade or those like me that think it’s fine. 

It is a disingenuous bunch of nonsense from the freedumb convoy playlist to be insulting and then scream that you are being oppressed because people react with the same negativity you dished out. 

also he was never going to hit waivers anyways

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Wait! You told me over and over that they were the salvation of the organization.

I recall telling you that they were structuring their management group in the way that I've seen successful agile organizations structure teams and that I was hopeful about their approach. 

I recall asking you to ask me at the end of the summer how I felt about their moves, rather than at the start of the offseason. You never did. If you had, I would have told you my thoughts were that they doubled down on Benning's team and moved in the opposite direction than I would have liked. Didn't hate the off season, didn't like it. C/C+ max. 

Now, as we move further into the season, based on the moves they are making and the things they are saying, I am liking the direction even less.

I still like how they built the management team, but my ongoing evaluation of the plan is that I don't like it. Incredibly to some, maybe, some of us prefer to let actions dictate our reactions, not assumptions. 

Edited by awalk

3 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Absolutely NO ONE is arguing with the many reasonable people who have stated they are concerned about this trade or those like me that think it’s fine. 

It is a disingenuous bunch of nonsense from the freedumb convoy playlist to be insulting and then scream that you are being oppressed because people react with the same negativity you dished out. 

When and where did anybody talk about oppression? 

The only thing disingenuous here is taking what I said (rather innocuous comments from an opinion, I should add), and crying about it.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The 5th round draft pick who could be the next Bieksa cares....

cost of doing business. the 5th round pick also has, what, about a 2% chance of becoming a bieksa? it's far likelier that bear either earns his q.o. or accepts less than it is that 5th rounder ever plays a game for the team. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Then we don't have to sign him.  I get being negative about everything is your thing, but at least use some common sense and understanding of how things work.

Sure, then we just threw away a draft pick which this management team said they would never do.  And I am not negative about everything, that is not my thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

This is a disingenuous comparison.

8 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

What does the convoy have to do with the Canucks trade? :unsure:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, AV. said:

It's only a 2nd for Linden Vey
It's only a 6th for Emerson Etem
It's only a 3rd for Andrey Pedan
It's only a 2nd with Jared McCann
It's only 3M for Sam Gagner
It's only 3M each for Antoine Roussel and Jay Beagle
It's only 1.9M for Tim Schaller
It's only a 2nd and Tyler Madden
It's only 2.5M for Tucker Poolman
It's only a 2nd to dump Jason Dickinson

And when playoffs roll around, it's ALWAYS the Canucks on the outside looking in.

Makes you wonder...

they had to trade dickinson, otherwise we were screwed with our cap

• Upvote 1

Just now, tas said:

cost of doing business. the 5th round pick also has, what, about a 2% chance of becoming a bieksa? it's far likelier that bear either earns his q.o. or accepts less than it is that 5th rounder ever plays a game for the team. 

I am old enough to remember when many posters ragged on Benning for giving away Gustav Forsling for Adam Clendening.  I was one of the posters who supported Benning on that move.  Forsling, a 5th round pick, is now a top 4 Dman playing 23 minutes a night on a Stanley Cup contender.

This trade brings back bad memories of a management team that was trading away futures for supposedly ready made NHL players in order to make the playoffs, whereby most of those players flopped after they arrived.  Hopefully Ethan Bear isn't the next Linden Vey or Sven Baertschi...

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, AV. said:

When and where did anybody talk about oppression? 

The only thing disingenuous here is taking what I said (rather innocuous comments from an opinion, I should add), and crying about it.

So you are saying there weren’t multiple posts saying that the “Pom Pom crew” wouldn’t allow people to criticize the team? 

• Cheers 1