The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I learned years ago that it’s really not that important or beneficial to prove that you are right on the internet. Doing so repeatedly and continuously just makes the discussion less fun for everyone else, and seems to make people pretty mad. 

I like this trade. Small risk, reasonably high reward. I think it makes the team better and I always like having a shiny new toy on the roster. 

We got a couple proven players that are NHL players, playing in the NHL. With our injury history I do not see a problem here. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Some of the time AV was here was the best time this team has ever had.

Maybe some day he'll be back to coach us again.

That 'AV' that you are protecting all the time is not the same AV that used to coach us very well indeed.

Maybe that's why you are pissing everybody off; you think your defending old coach!

The AV on here is a troll and you are one of, if not the number one, prize fish he's caught.

When I called him out, you said he had good content, should be allowed to speak, etc,

His so-called content is bait.

Hope this helps.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Maybe that's why you are pissing everybody off; you think your defending old coach!

Gosh, to think that little ole me is pissing people off?

How dare I express an opinion- err correction----- how dare I express an opinion that some people disagree with.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Again, facile argument.

But definitely technically accurate. I mean, it's just a retelling of facts after all.

Of course.  There are so many factors that could have contributed to winning the cup outside of Miller.  I have never attempted to say that Miller was the reason for losing, much less him being gone as the reason for winning.

But, factually, the team Tampa Bay had with Miller improved once he was off the team.  No malice against the player, just literally how it worked out and what it would tell you in the history books.  Just like our team in 2009 with Mats Sundin was actually not as good as our team in 2011 with Victor Oreskovich.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

A 5th isn't much, I'm not going to pretend it is, but I question why we'd give up a 5th for a stopgap when we could have plucked one off waivers over the last few days. Not keen on his 2.2M qualifying offer.

A 2nd to dump Dickinson, a 5th for a guy who we'll probably let walk if his play doesn't seem worth 2.2M. I don't think it's fair to jump on folks who aren't keen on our giving up the 5th, picks add up and our last management group liked to hand picks out too. 

They let Myers slip right by waivers and ended up paying a 5th for a vastly inferior player.

I don't mind bear, but this is more of what they already have a lot of........it's not going to make much difference 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

it's ok, he is never wrong. he told me so.

But am I wrong here?

Did Tampa Bay not improve once Miller was dealt?  Would a history book not demonstrate this in plain sight?
Likewise, would a history book show vast improvement for Vancouver or would it simply show "DNQ" beside each season, bar one in 2019/20, before Miller and after Miller?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Gosh, to think that little ole me is pissing people off?

How dare I express an opinion- err correction----- how dare I express an opinion that some people disagree with.

Yeah, you always fall back on that lame excuse.

It is not true gurn.

I agree with a lot of what you post, and you know that.

But as soon as anybody disagrees, you pull this same lame crap.

Tell me, what is the real reason you defend a known troll like poster AV?

What do the kids call it today?  

Showing off your righteousness or something.

Glory boating?

Christ I said something about panties and you went off!

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Coach AV is the goat. And he should come back. 

How many cup rings does he have?

He's a nice guy. Great as a person. The Laughing Incident was epic.

But he's too inflexible. And he refuses to change tactics. That makes him predictable. That's why he gets to the dance, but never gets a cup.

I liked Quinn a lot more as a coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Serious question about Bear, I haven’t watched him much..but how did he get traded out of Edmonton? Their defence is pretty bad as it is.

Racist fans.  He's better than any of the trash they currently have on their right side.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

Wait a second, Eureeka!  If you cant win a trade unless you win a cup then the solution is simple, we must never make a trade. because we more than likely will not win a cup because of it.

It's easy baby, no trades are better.

Arguably, yes.  Why make a trade that you know won't improve your team or help you compete for a Stanley Cup?