The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Bo is making the case for a good new contract... he is playing well... and consistently.

I still think they should sell high and trade Horvat for a huge haul. 

They may even be able to resign as a UFA but even if they can't I still think a big return at the TDL is the best path forward for this teams long term success.

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno
  • Haha 1

So all those bandwagoners should be careful not to blow out their knees jumping back on...

This team is still playing not particularly well in their own zone.

They are too dependent on their goalie putting in a superb performance.

Last night they were outshot by a ridiculous amount, and tonight were outshot by a considerable margin.

Defense is being forced into too many shot blocks... and too much collapse to the net desperation.

Overall they players need to start focusing on team defense, especially the forwards in the neutral zone.

Zone access is still too easy for the opposition... Canucks can't continue to allow that.

Several times in the third Pens had opportunities which they easily could have cashed in on.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

With tonight's 2 points Bo passes Perti Skriko for 16th all time in Canucks history with 374. 

Next up Alex Burrows with 384.

He should hug himself tonight, he was excellent in all roles - scorer, hustler and hitter.

Had that 'look' about him early on.

When he chooses, he's great.

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Huge night for Spencer Martin. It means a ton. There is no question, he's ready and able to be "the man" when he needs to be. Looks better prepared with

a great stance. Nice job, Clark. 

After Halak and Holtby and their cap hits Martin is a big win for the team right now.

Way to go.  He looks good.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

So all those bandwagoners should be careful not to blow out their knees jumping back on...

Last night they were outshot by a ridiculous amount, and tonight were outshot by a considerable margin.

Defense is being forced into too many shot blocks... and too much collapse to the net desperation.

Overall they players need to start focusing on team defense, especially the forwards in the neutral zone.

Zone access is still too easy for the opposition... Canucks can't continue to allow that.

Several times in the third Pens had opportunities which they easily could have cashed in on.

Yeah well anyway, I enjoyed it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I still think they should sell high and trade Horvat for a huge haul. 

They may even be able to resign as a UFA but even if they can't I still think a big return at the TDL is the best path forward for this teams long term success.

I agree. I'm not sold on him doing it after a big contract is signed. Too many years of not putting the effort in.

But man when he is putting in the effort he is a great player (minus penalty killing he is a god awful penalty killer).

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Canucks remain undefeated at 2-0 against things that orcas eat.

Can an orca eat a devil? We'll see soon.

Nice to see some grit, Brisebois kept working and the forecheck improved later in the 3rd. Horvat looks like he's getting into a groove and the pp has adjusted and improved. Quite a climb but the right direction at least.

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Was thinking the same thing. 3 days ago, everyone couldn't blow this team up fast enough. Suddenly, fans are planning the parade route lol

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Rathbone, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Garland..so many of these pivotal guys are emerging into the STUDs we anticipated!

Indeed.

It was time together wot was needed.

Great movement tonight, noticeably cohesive.

More to come I'm expecting.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1