The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Most lists have Hughes ranked in the top 15 dmen, which makes him a #1.  He just turned 23 two weeks ago,

so is still a ways from hitting his prime. 

He has never had a partner that maximizes his game; unlike most other #1 dmen who have (at least)

a top 4 teammate.  Imagine if Hughes could have a guy like Toews playing alongside him.

The other problem for Quinn is that his toi is too high.  His youth and small stature combined has lead to

getting run over and pushed around; especially playing on a team that hasn't had much push back

(or pay back). 

Hopefully the team management can address these weaknesses in the not so distant future.

Especially in considering that d men generally do take longer to hit their stride and really find their game.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I am a massive Chatfield fan, I was and still am pissed that we let him go. But I mean, this is a very misleading read. Guy has 0 points and is a -2 on the season. I am not a huge +/- guy but it is what it is. I'd take him on our 3rd pair over pretty much every option we have. Hell, I'd take him to play with Hughes over Schenn every day of the week. But he's not really deserving of being in the same conversation as Makar. Shots on goal stats are kinda whatever. Especially if the "gets lots of power play time" comment is true. Cause that means he's getting spoon fed prime scoring opportunities and capitalizing on them a grand total of 0 times in 7 games.

He's a good 5/6, but lets not get crazy and say he's "dominating." He's fulfilling his role very, very well. He'd be an instant improvement on Burroughs and Juulsen. And even Schenn like I said. But it is funny that Carolina and Chicago are lauded for taking something from Vancouver for nothing. In the case of Chicago we actually paid them to take a quality player while we got nothing back.

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am a massive Chatfield fan, I was and still am pissed that we let him go. But I mean, this is a very misleading read. Guy has 0 points and is a -2 on the season. I am not a huge +/- guy but it is what it is. I'd take him on our 3rd pair over pretty much every option we have. Hell, I'd take him to play with Hughes over Schenn every day of the week. But he's not really deserving of being in the same conversation as Makar. Shots on goal stats are kinda whatever. Especially if the "gets lots of power play time" comment is true. Cause that means he's getting spoon fed prime scoring opportunities and capitalizing on them a grand total of 0 times in 7 games.

He's a good 5/6, but lets not get crazy and say he's "dominating." He's fulfilling his role very, very well. He'd be an instant improvement on Burroughs and Juulsen. And even Schenn like I said. But it is funny that Carolina and Chicago are lauded for taking something from Vancouver for nothing. In the case of Chicago we actually paid them to take a quality player while we got nothing back.

It's not very well written, but I understood that to mean Makar gets tons of power play, the implication being Chatfield doesn't. That said I basically agree and these early season statistical quirks tend to even out eventually.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Start at Pattulo Bridge, make your way up King George Boulevard, make a right at 72nd Ave, then another right onto Scott Road and make way back to Pattulo Bridge 

Start at Terry Fox Statue. Down Robson to Denman. Right on Denman across to West Georgia. Parade formation to Lord Stanley's Statue.

Party like it's 1999.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Thanks guys for bringing back the hope, and talking me down from the ledge. Great game, keep em coming!

Damn do I love Kuz's smile!

Yeah, a lot of warmth there.  It will be great when his English is better and he can joke around a bit because there's pretty clearly a sense of humour waiting to come out.  The guy is living the dream and brings a really positive vibe to the team, which is a big part of what's needed to avoid streaks like we just went through.

11 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Yeah, a lot of warmth there.  It will be great when his English is better and he can joke around a bit because there's pretty clearly a sense of humour waiting to come out.  The guy is living the dream and brings a really positive vibe to the team, which is a big part of what's needed to avoid streaks like we just went through.

100%.  his first interview in training camp was so uplifting, made me even more excited to have him on the team.

• There it is 1

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Boeser ain’t going anywhere.. I mean if he’s as bad as useless as 80-90% of the people here claims who’s going to take him for 3 years at 6.75mil? Unless we are planing on retaining boeser ain’t going anywhere. Let alone get you any player that’s not a cap dump

Maybe, maybe not... 

Boeser isn't useless, but the team need to free up cap space to make room for a better rhd some how. 
It may still be Bo, if they can't come to an agreement. There won't be a lack of offers for him, the way he's been playing. 
Team looks really good, and tempo has gone up... 

something will have to give, if they are to improve the D. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1