The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You can believe what you want but a #1 can play in all situations and isnt a defensive liability.  Hughes cant. 

doesn't mean he won't be able to. Kids 23 getting better all the time. 

• There it is 1

Bruce finally found the right combo in the top 6 

miller-horvat-garland

kuzmenko-pettersson-mikheyev 

those 6 guys are leading the charge and that’s the way this team is designed to win 

horvat is playing with the best line mates of his career in a year BOOSTING his trade value …coincidence? Perhaps 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My head go boom, too. I repeated this in the wrong section.

My head would go boom if I spoke Russian two months in a row too, Kuz. It's all good.

No, it was in the wrong spot and I moved it. Because after the past few days here, my head go boom too!

1 minute ago, vancan2233 said:

Eddie would be in a very small percetage of people that think Huges is not a number #1 pairing D - man. First off it's called a pairing for a reason, pair Huges with any top stay at home D - man and Huges would be unbelievable. 

Yeah, you just have to look at the numbers and there’s no denying Hughes is a #1.

27+ minutes per game, all situations usage, most PP minutes/game (by a lot), top-4 in PK minutes/game, matchups against top lines (Hughes’s highest 5v5TOI centre matchup this season, like last season, was head-to-head against Connor McDavid), QualComp stats near the highest on the D (Hughes plays above average minutes versus first line players, even while the team also looks to exploit weaker matchups when possible).

His overall profile screams #1D.

Of course, Hughes (like many of our players) hasn’t quite had the start he’d have liked, and hasn’t played to his own standards, but there’s no question he’s being deployed as a #1D, just like he was last year.

And despite the team’s rough start, he’s still on pace for around 80 points, and there’s a good chance he’ll reach that this season. I expect to see his underlying numbers also stabilize as the team settles into performance levels more in-keeping with the strength of the roster, and the individual players.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

Solid outing, great effort but still a lot to tighten up in our own end, there were a fair few quality chances against, need to tidy that up.

Some rest, practice with the new guys and hopefully put in the same effort next game. 

Pits is too good not to get a few of those. Sid was doing his full routine last night, which are the nights I can't stand him. Still like him better than McBaby but man he knows how to play the game management thing.

Is it just me, or do we seem to have more active sticks this year breaking up plays?

14 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Spencer  Martin should start the next few games. He's the better goalie right now. Better movement, more mentally into the game(trying to draw penalties)

At least slot him in every 3-4 games (at least) until Demko gets over what's ailing him.    I've liked Martin since the very first time I saw him play. (One of the very few that shined bright since his first day) and hope his winning ways continue - for us.  BB should take advantage of this silver bullet. He could be the wild card that makes the difference whether we get in the playoffs or not.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

32 minutes ago, billabong said:

Bruce finally found the right combo in the top 6 

miller-horvat-garland

kuzmenko-pettersson-mikheyev 

those 6 guys are leading the charge and that’s the way this team is designed to win 

horvat is playing with the best line mates of his career in a year BOOSTING his trade value …coincidence? Perhaps 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Huh? You think the team wants aman to move up to 2c?   Horvat isnt going anywhere.   Its obvious that miller is a better winger than centre at this point.