The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm going to repeat myself.

This team has no cocky players.

We need a KESLER type player or two on this team. I'm not talking about schenn types I'm talking about douchery, mouthy, classless obnoxious, under your skin, arrogant prick.

Ever watched Kesler line up at center.  He'd skate two or three circles staring at his teammates. He never shutup .....yapping at the other team and at his own teammates. 

He was boss. 

Everybody is full adrenalin when playing with that.

Kesler. The real captain of the Canucks. Not Hank.

That's a key ingredient this team needs. 

You can't fake that. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Just seems right to trade Bo from this tire fire and go full rebuild. He's having a great year and honestly, I don't think he's going to sign an extension with this cyclical trash.

Change this team's roster from the top up. Only untouchable is Pettersson at this point.

I definitely see Horvat wanting to move on from this situation. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, AV. said:

Yep.  Many here will not be prepared for the rude awakening that's to come if these performances keep up.

We had a shot to trade Miller at the deadline last year.  We need to not make the same mistake this year with Horvat who is  having a career year just like Miller did.  JP Barry isn’t gonna mess around.  I could see Petey holding out again if this tire fire isn’t fixed soon.  Unfortunately Jim Rutherford has no plans to rebuild.  He wasn’t hired to do that.

I am not sure how this will end but I am thinking JR will simply walk away after his contract is done leaving the new guy holding the bag…

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Firstname Lastname said:

Demko looks like a completely different player from last year :(

He regressed back to the mean.  Add lack of confidence and offseason surgery.  How many odd man rushes, SH opportunities, and slot shots this team give up?  He hasnt been good but the team in front of him are doing no favours either.

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

All those who are screaming for massive trades and a Tank are as usual, not thinking.

The worst finishing team in the league only has an approx. 25% chance of picking #1.

What is needed are D-men... that is the problem... has been the problem for the last 5 years.

The fact that Rutherford, Alvin and team didn't not focus on this in the off-season does not look good on them.

Top 5 is supposed to be loaded tho 

But I agree, it's upsetting that they knew we needed to upgrade our D and couldn't find a way to do anything about it 

Sure could have used a Marino tonight 

• Vintage 1

All those who are screaming for massive trades and a Tank are as usual, not thinking.

The worst finishing team in the league only has an approx. 25% chance of picking #1.

What is needed are D-men... that is the problem... has been the problem for the last 5 years.

The fact that Rutherford, Alvin and team didn't not focus on this in the off-season does not look good on them.

actually team tank is kinda genius this year

because there are 3 generational talents who would all go 1st overall in any other year

this may in fact be the only year in which tanking makes total sense

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

You just casually let every gm in the league, we are listening.

you wait and wait, and maybe lean when some injuries pop up.

we got time BB

Oh, I think we’re all there for sure.  I’m just not getting my hopes up for sweeping changes just yet.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

So where are we going to find these defenseman you speak of? Pretty sure Av and Ruth would gladly accept quality dmen, but its not like you can just go out and get them. NHL teams that have those, are quite content and would take more than there worth to acquire them. 

How can we fix the d?

Do you think a really solid top 4 changes our defence enough to being a contender?

to fix our d We need to also need to get rid of OEL and/or Myers. Are you gonna wait two more years for myers? and then another 2 more years for OEL? Or do you suggest we throw away picks to get rid of them?

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

if were selling, were rebuilding. cap retention on a couple players would be the right play.

Once again... what players? 

If I'm a GM I'd take Petey, Hughes & Bo. You couldn't make me take anybody else.