The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 3, 2022 Anaheim Ducks @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

8 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

He needs to be in a position which requires communication between the team and the fans. This has been a weakness in this organization for far too long.

Not sure about that. If it's to a small capacity then perhaps, but his personality fits TV rather well I'd say.

The entire roster on HNIC/Sportsnet is a borefest and KB is the only one that adds some entertainment along with maybe Elliot Friedmann (who's a decent source for rumours).

He also seems to really like being on the panel.

Francesco tried something like that with Trevor Linden in the President position, and all that resulted in was broken ties between him and the team.

He hasn't said or expressed anything in relation to this team since. 

If Bieksa were interested and if it were to some smaller capacity with no big burden on his shoulders, then sure.

However, I don't see him leaving his current job anytime soon.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Not sure about that. If it's to a small capacity then perhaps, but his personality fits TV rather well I'd say.

The entire roster on HNIC/Sportsnet is a borefest and KB is the only one that adds some entertainment along with maybe Elliot Friedmann (who's a decent source for rumours).

He also seems to really like being on the panel.

Francesco tried something like that with Trevor Linden in the President position, and all that resulted in was broken ties between him and the team.

He hasn't said or expressed anything in relation to this team since. 

If Bieksa were interested and if it were to some smaller capacity with no big burden on his shoulders, then sure.

However, I don't see him leaving his current job anytime soon.

Ron MacLean will eventually(hopefully) retire at some point and Kevin is the obvious choice to take over HNIC. Would be hard to pass up that gig.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

My kid won tickets for Saturdays game wich is amazing a super happy for him but I kinda wish it was this game haha

Yeah, I'm going to Saturday and then the Lions game.  Wish these things were on a weekend so it didn't mean having to use PTO for those of us on the Island.

Edited by King Heffy