The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

Don’t think Don Sweeney should be let off the hook here either.

Racist that is okay.

‘Abused handicapped kid, we can work with that.

Captain and leadership group speaks out against it, they are just players, I make the decisions. 
NHL says not eligible to play so a waist of one of 50 contracts, rescind offer. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm honestly shocked that there's still people in 2022 that will still defend this guy, or at least make excuses for his behaviour. He doesn't need the defense.

image.png.6de05aafa2de6210a4f3ac492ccdf167.png

Look at Mitchell's twin sister's tweet saying that people are "ruining" his brother's life. :rolleyes:

inline_resized_1024_5f9c9cf0984be_347360

The problem is the family keeps referring to this as “a situation”, “a mistake” or an “incendient” when it’s clear that he tortured the kid for years.

You automatically know she’s in the wrong when she is citing her African American friends/BF.

She is right about one thing, there are always two sides to bullying: One person to do the bullying and another to be the victim.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm honestly shocked that there's still people in 2022 that will still defend this guy, or at least make excuses for his behaviour. He doesn't need the defense.

There is no point going after the idiots trying to defend him.  These are the people that try to sound smart but don't even have an iota of curiosity in their minds.  Even 1 minute of looking things up on Google would uncover enough dirt to make the conclusion that Miller has NOT learned, that he has taken almost NO steps to make things better.  When someone sputters about "wokeness" or "cancel culture" those are signals you're talking to someone who can't think for themselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

image.png.6de05aafa2de6210a4f3ac492ccdf167.png

Look at Mitchell's twin sister's tweet saying that people are "ruining" his brother's life. :rolleyes:

inline_resized_1024_5f9c9cf0984be_347360

Well that is super cringey and gross.

”I know some black people so can’t be racist” followed up by a vague comment about how the disabled kid was also at fault for being bullied for years by these popular hockey players?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Don’t think Don Sweeney should be let off the hook here either.

Racist that is okay.

‘Abused handicapped kid, we can work with that.

Captain and leadership group speaks out against it, they are just players, I make the decisions. 
NHL says not eligible to play so a waist of one of 50 contracts, rescind offer. 

Also worth noting that the Bruins are corporate sponsors of the Special Olympics of Boston. Neely and Sweeney with a giant swing and a miss on every level.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well that is super cringey and gross.

”I know some black people so can’t be racist” followed up by a vague comment about how the disabled kid was also at fault for being bullied for years by these popular hockey players?

Yeah, it really just gets worse and worse as you read through her statement. Displays a shocking lack of insight/self-awareness and the complete inability to “read the room.” And so much entitlement underlying her comments. None of which is surprising, given that she’s his twin sister and was raised in the same house as Mitchell Miller.

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The only one here who hasn't used critical thought so far is you.  I can tell that you haven't done any digging so far.  The more you look into every single statement made by Miller, his agent, and the Bruins, the worse it gets.  Twitter has actually made it very easy for us to find the work of journalists who have looked up court records, interviewed the victim's family, and asked various league officials.

You basically sound like someone telling others to think critically without doing any thinking of your own.  Research what went on, research the (lack of) remorse and work Miller has done/shown the past two years, and make an actual judgment for yourself before spewing this pseudophilosophy anti-cancel culture nonsense.  

So Twitter Wikipedia etc is that journalism? Please anyone with a piece of computer hardware or a library card can post something to the internet.  Easy to run with the herd.

• RoughGame 6

51 minutes ago, JM_ said:

so while you're trying very hard to stuff this story into the "cancel culture" box you've missed the point. This is a story about personal responsibility, I thought we were supposed to care about that too. 

There has been personal responsibility and consequences in terms of lost scholarships and prime development years.  Based on agents response significant actions have been undertaken.  What more would you have the player do?

• RoughGame 7

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

There has been personal responsibility and consequences in terms of lost scholarships and prime development years.  Based on agents response significant actions have been undertaken.  What more would you have the player do?

a lot. Meet with the family for a start. 

You've really dug into this as a 'cancel culture' tack like a dog on a bone. It seems like thats the part which is most important to you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

There is no point going after the idiots trying to defend him.  These are the people that try to sound smart but don't even have an iota of curiosity in their minds.  Even 1 minute of looking things up on Google would uncover enough dirt to make the conclusion that Miller has NOT learned, that he has taken almost NO steps to make things better.  When someone sputters about "wokeness" or "cancel culture" those are signals you're talking to someone who can't think for themselves.

For the record not looking to make excuses.  Young person did horrible things.  If your faith in humanity is so low that you don’t believe in redemption, personal improvement and change I feel sorry for you.  If he fails again send him to the hinterlands but a steep price has been paid already.

• RoughGame 4

9 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

So Twitter Wikipedia etc is that journalism? Please anyone with a piece of computer hardware or a library card can post something to the internet.  Easy to run with the herd.

When real journalists use Twitter, then yes.  It is real journalism.  You know, people who are respected for actually thinking critically and reaching out to hear the other side of the story?

8 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

3 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

For the record not looking to make excuses.  Young person did horrible things.  If your faith in humanity is so low that you don’t believe in redemption, personal improvement and change I feel sorry for you.  If he fails again send him to the hinterlands but a steep price has been paid already.

You still haven't shown me any proof of you having looked things up.  It's all out there in plain view.  Seems like the only thing you've looked up is the agent's statement.  So you honestly believe that is the only opinion that matters?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

a lot. Meet with the family for a start. 

You've really dug into this as a 'cancel culture' tack like a dog on a bone. It seems like thats the part which is most important to you. 

I have a really tough time cancelling a young person.  There are a lot of meathead teenagers that develop into decent adults.

• RoughGame 4

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

I have a really tough time cancelling a young person.  There are a lot of meathead teenagers that develop into decent adults.

yea, but no one is being canceled. You've just decided that this fits an issue you don't like, which effects almost no one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Anything?! He can do anything to make amends! He has done literally the bare minimum required of him to be able to start making his retirement fund. He has shown zero remorse, responsibility, empathy... The response and "apology" sent out on his behalf was not even written by him.

I swear you haven't even read on this story and your more concerned with the idea of cancel culture that your blinded by your own ignorance. It's actually starting to really bug me that you preached about you being "too empathetic" towards the kid. Where's the empathy for the victim? Where's you moral sense of what's right and wrong and how to make good by those your wrong?

It's disgusting this is the hill you're choosing to die on...

this isn't 'cancel culture' this is a person who hasn't made amends or taken full responsibility for their actions @flat land fish surely you can see the difference. 

Having a job opportunity taken away from you isn't actually taking responsibility, its a consequence of some really awful actions. 

If this kid had made a genuine attempt to meet with the family and do things to directly correct some of what he did, there are many people who would give him another chance. But he hasn't done that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1