The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

20 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Makes you wonder if this Mitchell scumbag shouldn't be brought up on hate-crime charges of some kind.  I've heard of charges brought against people for seemingly less severe cases.   That would give cause for Bos to officially terminate this contract, no? 

I think they'll have to catch the creep in some kind of lie or omission to be able to terminate.

Man, this creep uses a kid as his personal chew toy for his entire childhood, but feels like he deserves a shot at an NHL career :blink: the entitlement is really something. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Statement was released from the victim:

I am Isaiah Meyer-Crothers,” the statement read on the HDA’s Twitter account. “I would like to make a statement. I have been bullied since I was in 1st grade. There were not many black kids at my school. I was called "brownie" and “n------.” Kids said my black mom and dad didn't love me that's why I had white parents. 

“Mitchell used to ask me to sit with him on the bus and then he and his friends would punch me in the head. This happened my whole time in school. When I went to junior high Mitchell would spit in my face and call me a N word. I stopped telling because they called me a snitch and I would get made fun of. I had to say I was "his n------” to sit at his table and he made me clean the whole table.

“He threw food in my face. I was called “n------”every day. The office would tell me to stay away from him because he wasn't my friend. Once he got expelled from school, his friends started bullying me. He pretended to be my friend and made me do things I didn't want to do. In junior high, I got beat up by him.

“Everyone thought he was cool, but I don't see how someone can be cool when you pick on someone and bully someone your entire life. Middle of October, I was being texted constantly everyday till I answered a Snapchat and IG message from Mitchell Miller. He asked me why I always have my parents doing stuff for me and why can't I speak for myself. I told him I don't care what my parents say I'm old enough to speak for myself. He told me he was sorry and [that the apology] didn't involve hockey. He told me he was doing stuff in the community and helping the youth and wanted to be my friend. 

“I told him, "That's all cool but where is the proof though?" He didn't give me any [proof]. All the lies I have been told from him for so many years I don't believe what Mitchell told me. He kept asking me to be his friend and that he has changed over the years from what he did. I told him, "I'm not just gonna be your friend after all you did to me." I am now getting messages on social media from people, calling me 'a slow, retarded assclown' and 'you stupid N------,” saying that 'l need help'. Mitchell isn't my friend. It hurts my heart what he did to me. So I just wanted to tell everyone—when Mitchell says we're friends it isn't true. I can't take more of this.”

Absolutely heart breaking.

Sweeney and Neely both need to be fired and suspended indefinitely. How they possibly thought this walking pile of s*** was worthy of a second chance is appalling. 

11 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If he were to donate that money to the victim, he'd instantly improve his chances at having an NHL future.

Here's a chance to do some good Miller, don't blow it.

This seems like really his only out but it would have be done genuinely, in a way that Isaiah and his family support his ongoing career.   

• Cheers 1

This looks much much worse than an isolated incident that can be dealt with through the apology and reconsiliation. Yes, he was a kid when that was happening - but that was bad enough to make a huge impact on his adult life.

Every high school kid should know this story and learn. If you do stuff like that to another person, you can be screwed for life. No future, no career, no big paychecks. 

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I think they'll have to catch the creep in some kind of lie or omission to be able to terminate.

Man, this creep uses a kid as his personal chew toy for his entire childhood, but feels like he deserves a shot at an NHL career :blink: the entitlement is really something. 

He already lied didn't he - he indicated publicly that he apologized to the victim, but the victim and his parents both confirmed that he did NOT. 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

He already lied didn't he - he indicated publicly that he apologized to the victim, but the victim and his parents both confirmed that he did NOT. 

I guess it depends on whether the DM the victim refers to above is considered an apology. I suppose its a very weak one. 

2 hours ago, mll said:

The Bruins say they parted ways but the contract was filed.  They haven't put him on unconditional waivers to cancel it.  CapFriendly still has him as part of their organisation.

He has a 95K signing bonus and his AHL salary is 82.5K (annual).  They can tell him not to report but he still gets paid.  Maybe they find an arrangement with the NHLPA or they'll have to wait to for the end of the season to buy him out. 

Can they suspend him without pay for the duration?  At least that would stop some other team from signing this piece of shit.

Edited by King Heffy

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I guess it depends on whether the DM the victim refers to above is considered an apology. I suppose its a very weak one. 

To me it doesn't 'depend' whatsoever - if the victim or his family say they haven't received an apology, then they haven't. 

• Vintage 1

Like so many problems of this nature, there are multiple victims.

In the case of the perpetrator, he is obviously at least mentally challenged, and probably should undergo medical care while incarcerated.

Personally, I believe people who act out in these horrific manners should be incarcerated, most likely in hospitals, and not released until it can be established that they are no longer any risk at all to the rest of society.

For example, I am against releasing diagnosed dangerous offenders until there is some evidence on the other side of the scales that 'proves' they will not reoffend.

As this standard should be very high imo, very few would ever be released back to do more harm.

This would also provide some relief and security for their victims, that these perpetrators would not be 'knocking on their door' or worse.

This would also somewhat appease the 'angry dads' and others who are forced by our systems of justice to withhold their own forms of 'frontier justice'.

We never forget and we never get over it; but it would be better if we knew they were still locked up.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

"Hey loser how long you gonna hide behind your parents I gotta apologize to you"

Someone mentioned he night actually have to go through the traditional route of unconditional waivers.  Imagine a darkest timeline where Canucks GM Jim Benning puts a waiver claim on Miller.  Right-handed defensive prospect who likes to torture his opponents...

21 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

"Hey loser how long you gonna hide behind your parents I gotta apologize to you"

Someone mentioned he night actually have to go through the traditional route of unconditional waivers.  Imagine a darkest timeline where Canucks GM Jim Benning puts a waiver claim on Miller.  Right-handed defensive prospect who likes to torture his opponents...

Benning was a lot of things, but he was no Bergevin. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

After reading the exchanges here it’s obvious Miller is never going change.  To be sure no one is impacted by him again including those without internet access the only logical step would be to brand him with “B14” B so anyone who runs across him will know he’s a bully and 14 for the age he was when committing his hate crimes.  Probably best to complete the marking on his forehead so it can’t be hidden.  We could then apply the same methodology across the world when similar acts are committed.  No need to stop with the bully’s though lots of low character individuals out there and it would be a shame for them to screw over someone else.  We could start with young couples who choose elective abortions Sam and Susie could get matching BK19 marks to commemorate the occasion.  Young Heather who had a fentanyl addiction and stole from her grand parents to support the habit could identify as DA17.    Let’s not forget our hockey Canada standouts who will maintain their solidarity with matching GR19 or GR20 marks depending on their vintage at the time of their crime.  These visible outward scars will match the scars their victims.

• RoughGame 5

1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

After reading the exchanges here it’s obvious Miller is never going change.  To be sure no one is impacted by him again including those without internet access the only logical step would be to brand him with “B14” B so anyone who runs across him will know he’s a bully and 14 for the age he was when committing his hate crimes.  Probably best to complete the marking on his forehead so it can’t be hidden.  We could then apply the same methodology across the world when similar acts are committed.  No need to stop with the bully’s though lots of low character individuals out there and it would be a shame for them to screw over someone else.  We could start with young couples who choose elective abortions Sam and Susie could get matching BK19 marks to commemorate the occasion.  Young Heather who had a fentanyl addiction and stole from her grand parents to support the habit could identify as DA17.    Let’s not forget our hockey Canada standouts who will maintain their solidarity with matching GR19 or GR20 marks depending on their vintage at the time of their crime.  These visible outward scars will match the scars their victims.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

can you explain in one simple sentence, what you're defending? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.facebook.com/wheelhousehockey/posts/this-is-isaiah-meyer-crothers-the-victim-of-targeted-racism-and-bullying-at-the-/3723506741038661/

This is Isaiah Meyer-Crothers the victim of targeted racism and bullying at the hands of an Arizona Coyotes' player that Wheel House Hockey has elected not to name. Isaiah recently spoke out about his treatment at the hands of said player and how this made him feel.

After hearing about the story we reached out to member of a different organization who gave the following quote:

"We looked at and spoke to the player and felt like he didn't have a remorseful bone in his body. Both the player and his representation did everything they could to steer away from this topic."

When further pressed on if they'd of considered taking the player they simply added:

"We could have had every pick in this draft and we'd of let this player go undrafted."

Isaiah's mother also shared that they'd never received an apology from the player except a court mandated written apology.

Wheel House Hockey proudly stands with victims like Isaiah and continue to push for positive change in the hockey community.

@flat land fish @ktcy2 Shame on you two for continuing to make excuses for this guy.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1