The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 8 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Canadian Tire Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, IceHockeyPlayer said:

Why is everyone so critical of Rutherford?  I like Boudreau but I agree with JR. Our system sucks. So many late goals allowed. Defence is porous. Team scouting Canucks and a lot of stretch passes and so many 2 on 1 allowed. I don’t think we will come back to win when we already down because in the 3rd period, we know they are going to outscore the Canucks.

Lucky to be down by only 1.

For taking no responsibility for the personnel on the ice. He could talk structure all he wants, but everyone could've told you that on paper this defense core is nowhere near good enough to begin with.

2 minutes ago, IceHockeyPlayer said:

Why is everyone so critical of Rutherford?  I like Boudreau but I agree with JR. Our system sucks. So many late goals allowed. Defence is porous. Team scouting Canucks and a lot of stretch passes and so many 2 on 1 allowed. I don’t think we will come back to win when we already down because in the 3rd period, we know they are going to outscore the Canucks.

Lucky to be down by only 1.

Because he spent around 25% of the cap and did not address anything on defense. 

Green could not win with this roster. Boudrue can't either. So why do you think it's coaching ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, EmilyM said:

Yeah and I think the optics during Bruce-mania would've not played well for the new management group if JR decided to let Bruce go in the summer.

That's true.

It's just tough luck in terms of the team. I don't think coaching is the issue.

It's really the exposure and result of the absolutely atrocious job that the prior regime did over the years with this team. 

The Miller signing was this current regimes mistake, however the contracts that have handcuffed this team without actually addressing the needs for years (ahem... DEFENCE) and the living "day to day" was terrible and is now effecting this team.

We complained for years about the Loui Eriksson contract but now we potentially have two of those. 

OEL (thanks to Benning)

Miller (thanks to JR/Allvin)

Incompetence simply. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

anyone know y ryan chose Ottawa instead of van 

Ryan Reynolds? The Senators are just the first of seven Canadian franchises he plans on acquiring, once he achieves his goal he'll stick a gem with the logo of each franchise on it into the infinity hockey glove and snap away Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, and every other NHL owner.

Then, only then will we see a Canadian team win the cup.  

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's shocking, wow. Any time you can be positively mentioned in the same sentence as Bure when it comes to goal scoring it's a good thing. 

Yup let’s trade him while his value is high,some would have you believe

• Huggy Bear 1