The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 09, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

That’s a terrible move I rather trade boeser for nothing than take dumbo here. Our defence already dunno how to play defence we don’t need another one

Dumba is a UFA in the summer so it's basically Boeser for an expiring contract.  If Minnesota adds a 2024 2nd round pick so we get our pick back then I would do this deal in a heartbeat.  Frees up almost $7 million in cap space for next summer.

Also, we could flip Dumba at the TDL with 50% salary retained as a rental for a 3rd round pick...

6 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Is Nurse not elite anymore or what ? This is what happens to overly hyped defensman. They eventually fall off a cliff. It seems to happen to all of them. Every hyped dman eventually becomes a terrible contract. We have one of them. Drew Doughty is maybe the worst now. 

Nurse would be our #1 dman here.  

Doughty overhyped?  Hes one of the best dmen of this generation. The guy is a flat out winner and can still play. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Im not a big fan of hughes but no way does Rathbone come close to hughes.  Rathbone just looks like a dman pretending to be an offensive threat.  He has too low hockey iq to be a regular offensive dman in this league.  

Rathbone has been a pro for what, 5 years now?  Hes not getting any better. 

Rathbone was a Rookie in the AHL last year and is a Rookie this year in the NHL. B)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Nurse would be our #1 dman here.  

Doughty overhyped?  Hes one of the best dmen of this generation. The guy is a flat out winner and can still play. 

https://hockeyroyalty.com/2021/08/12/la-kings-drew-doughtys-contract-ranked-worst-in-nhl-again/

LA Kings: Drew Doughty’s contract ranked worst in NHL, again.

If he could still play at an elite level, he wouldnt be winning this in this league

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dumba is a UFA in the summer so it's basically Boeser for an expiring contract.  If Minnesota adds a 2024 2nd round pick so we get our pick back then I would do this deal in a heartbeat.  Frees up almost $7 million in cap space for next summer.

Also, we could flip Dumba at the TDL with 50% salary retained as a rental for a 3rd round pick...

I don't think you need the 2nd to make that deal. As you said it frees up cap for next year and we can flip Dumba for a pick at the deadline. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Im not a big fan of hughes but no way does Rathbone come close to hughes.  Rathbone just looks like a dman pretending to be an offensive threat.  He has too low hockey iq to be a regular offensive dman in this league.  

Rathbone has been a pro for what, 5 years now?  Hes not getting any better. 

Rathbone is obviously never going to be as good as Hughes but this kinda undermines your point. Just over 2 years and the first year was kinda ruined by the pandemic. If only there was a quick and easy way of checking things before posting.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I gotta say, I was a little surprised by what Tkachuk had to say 

Really nice to hear guys talk about our special twins like this 

You wonder if any of the current nux players will be HHOF worthy when they are done. 

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

I'm fully on team tank this year. I havn't seen the team so dysfunctional since the Keenan years. 

Gut it tear it down it took 10 years to get to this level of suck. I dont care if it takes 10 more to get out of it. But I'm done with this re tool bs team

That is so ridiculous, no one is sending this team backwards 10 years with players like Petey, Hughes, demko, kuz, podz, hogz etc etc.

9 hours ago, gurn said:

Toronto

Boston

Buffalo

LA

Las Vegas

Colorado

Vegas

Sharks

Washington.

On this month's play list.

Can they go on a 9 game win streak to shut everyone up?

This team is mostly likely going to stay together for a while yet.

I can’t see how management can make good trades when everyone is Cap’d out for the year. Trades would have to be near the end of the season. 

If they are stuck together and truly want to get better they need to work on (in priority order):

1) the PK - worst in the league. You solve this by getting your players more disciplined with their sticks and grabbing. Form a proper structure with regular line mates who have strict responsibilities.

2) get Dem to see a sports psychologist. This man has lost his confidence and it shows. He is one of the worst goalies in the league right now. Get Spencer in there until he figures his game out. 

3) stop listening the management’s desire for “structure” and do what they did when BB came in last year. Play your game. Do the aggressive forecheck style of play and stop worrying about the X’s and O’s they are trying to instil. It’s not working and the players here are not suited to that style of play. Do what works. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Can they go on a 9 game win streak to shut everyone up?

This team is mostly likely going to stay together for a while yet.

I can’t see how management can make good trades when everyone is Cap’d out for the year. Trades would have to be near the end of the season. 

If they are stuck together and truly want to get better they need to work on (in priority order):

1) the PK - worst in the league. You solve this by getting your players more disciplined with their sticks and grabbing. Form a proper structure with regular line mates who have strict responsibilities.

2) get Dem to see a sports psychologist. This man has lost his confidence and it shows. He is one of the worst goalies in the league right now. Get Spencer in there until he figures his game out. 

3) stop listening the management’s desire for “structure” and do what they did when BB came in last year. Play your game. Do the aggressive forecheck style of play and stop worrying about the X’s and O’s they are trying to instil. It’s not working and the players here are not suited to that style of play. Do what works. 

Systems and structure win hockey games.  They didnt win last year because of BB, they won because Demko covered up all the warts.

• Cheers 1