The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 09, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Anybody that knows hockey takes Makar over Bedard.  

Most people would take Makar over anybody on earth not named McDavid.  

Hahahaha 

Thanks for proving my point. This is just fun now. Seeing ppl one up each other on Makar hype 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

4 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Hahahaha 

Thanks for proving my point. This is just fun now. Seeing ppl one up each other on Makar hype 

Hype?  Makar has a Calder, Norris, Conn Smythe and Stanley cup at 23.  He is PPG+ in the regular season and playoffs.

Honest question, who do you take over him starting an NHL team from scratch?

11 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

They had 12 picks last year and 12 this year. We have 6 and 6. 

Two first round picks last year, two seconds, two thirds. Hell, even two sevenths.

Two firsts again this year, three fourths, two fifths. 

Two firsts in 2025. 

They really unloaded, retained cap to get higher value back too. Not only do they have youth on the roster, their prospect pool is gonna be deeeep.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Think our owner reads these threads?  Because he needs to hear what you’re saying. 

I doubt it, I wish he would though, maybe he'd actually see how frustrated much of the fanbase is. 

• There it is 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

That's the thing, people want homeruns, they want to trade Boeser but that's not realistic. You have to start with a philosophy, whether that's acquiring 2nd round picks where possible or what not. If that's Garland so be it. They all add up and give you more chances than doing the opposite and giving them away. The NHL is that tight you can't afford to cheat all the time and expect to be rewarded for it.

Yup.  Aquilini needs to change his philosophical direction. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Aquilini needs to change his philosophical direction. 

He's terrified of losing fans/profit by declaring a 'rebuild'.

If people stopped supporting this perennial quest for utter mediocrity that has been the past 10 years, maybe he'd realize there's nothing to lose by actually rebuilding the right way?

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Could be a yes-woman, or a yes-melmecian 

We're inclusive round these parts 

I know it’s not fun having a struggling club, but it is good we can laugh together.  This made old Alf laugh.  The dog jumped on me and i soiled my pull-ups, but Thanks anyway. :frantic:

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

Rathbone has played 6 games this year.  At my count 5 goals have been a direct result of his play.  I don't mean that in the sense of him getting beat by a nice move or shot, but directly turning over the puck, or being so far out of position it caused the goal.  

He is almost directly costing us a goal a game, and is only playing 15 minutes a night.  The fact that you can do that for a few others does not justify Rathbone's play.  He needs to spend some time in the AHL learning how to defend, because he is not good enough offensively for that to be his only ticket.

He needs to adjust to he NHL pace, going back down to the AHL will not help his development. His play in the AHL is at a point a game, he clearly able to play at that pace. He needs NHL games to learn that pace of players being faster at everything. Six (total of 23) games is hardly a fair time frame for him to be judged, especially when the team is sucking. 

35 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's the thing, people want homeruns, they want to trade Boeser but that's not realistic. You have to start with a philosophy, whether that's acquiring 2nd round picks where possible or what not. If that's Garland so be it. They all add up and give you more chances than doing the opposite and giving them away. The NHL is that tight you can't afford to cheat all the time and expect to be rewarded for it.

I don't think boeser is as unrealistic ad we think.  He's only got two more years after this and he still puts up points.