The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov 12/22 Vancouver Canucks(4-7-3) @ Toronto Maple Leafs(7-5-3) Scotiabank Arena 4:00pm PT CBC SNP SNO SNW  SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

20 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol have you not watched the last 6 years of canucks? Backup 3rd string goalie usually plays  at vezina level against the canucks.. I’m pretty sure if u go back and look at the records of backup and 3rd string they are like .750+ with a bunch of shutout against the canucks 

I have, I am just desperately trying to find a silver lining.

All those losing years and most of time they were not facing the best the other team had, goalies, or effort even star players got a rest.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

There were a lot of people that said otherwise, including Trevor Linden, and a lot of people in the hockey world. I agreed with them. It certainly looked that way to me ... and to Torts who resorted to putting the Sedin's on the PK and asking them and everyone else to block shots. Everyone has a right to their opinion I believe. You already have a quote from another poster and you must remember all the comments made in the media suggesting the same thing. So no it's not all my own by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think I deserve the flack for restating a a simple and well known criticism. My bad I forgot everyone is supposed to blow smoke up the team's butt at every turn. Where I come from constructive criticism and tough comments about men playing a children's game was common place.

There's a lot of folks here that blame everything and everyone except the players who play the game. We saw it last year with Green, and we're seeing it again this year. Man people get bent out of shape about truthful observations sometimes. Believe they are perfect and beyond reproach if you must but that viewpoint doesn't work for everyone. 

Also....maybe some of us understand that you don't have to point fingers of blame every time a team hits a rough patch. Some of us know that happens to all teams at times. Patience isn't some people's strong points here (which is why a rebuild would be excruciating around here).

Men playing a children's game? Just shows you think it's easier than it is....EA sports stuff that's played from home on the couch. Sure. Go watch at glass level at the bone crushing hits and speed of play to see it's quite different than the Timbits you think it is.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

My comment had nothing to do with Petey or this post either. My comment was about how you saying Torts called this teams mentality that of a country club was completely asinine and irrelevant.

JR calling this teams mentality a country club matters because JR is around the team now and has seen, in his opinion, what is going on with the current team and current players. You bringing up that Torts called it a country club means nothing because that was 8 years ago and NONE of those players are here anymore and that comment he made is therefore, in the context of our current team and players, irrelevant.

Yes, you did not bring up Torts originally, Max did but it was you that brought Torts' comment in to the convo and my response to you was just reiterating that what Torts said 8 years ago has no bearing on today's team.

Make It Clear Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Yes, you are now very clear. I apologize because something someone said reminded me of something. I thought that's how conversations work. I had no intentions of stirring the pot at all. I'm sorry. Just stated what popped into my head. Obviously my contribution hit a nerve and my comments are unwanted here. I didn't realize I was being graded so I will take my F and leave. I can find better things to do.

Enjoy the day and the game everyone.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I seriously question some of our "fans" as it's never anything positive or exciting.

It's game day for crying out loud, try to enjoy it.

Out...got to go work out some of this energy. I might end up in the box if I stick around any longer.....

What is more important to you, players or team?

Players play for money or contracts.

Teams play for Championships

• There it is 3

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I seriously question some of our "fans" as it's never anything positive or exciting.

It's game day for crying out loud, try to enjoy it.

Out...got to go work out some of this energy. I might end up in the box if I stick around any longer.....

2 minutes for supporting your team?

1 minute ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

What is more important to you, players or team?

Players play for money or contracts.

Teams play for Championships

Maybe that’s all we need to do?  Just a couple key moves to create that “team” atmosphere you’re speaking of.  Something like what Pat Quinn did.  We really lost a lot of our “team” when Tanev and Marky were pushed out.  Now it’s about the current guys being like a “team” and playing for the guys on the bench with them, regardless of whether they like them or not.

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Was our 2011 team a product of a rebuild?

Honestly,  i think we are in a retool and im fine with it as long as we cut one dimensional players like boeser and Rathbone.  Start drafting some dmen and players who want to be here and bleed canuck colours.  

Maybe the success Gillis had “retooling” around an inherited core has influenced what our owner thinks is the best way to build a winner?  

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Schenn isn't given enough credit around here.

He's likely one of the best value contracts in the league.   

100%
looking at these numbers I think ‘that’s pretty great for an old guy that makes almost nothing”.

but that’s pretty great for almost any nhl defenceman at any price

32 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Honestly,  i think we are in a retool and im fine with it as long as we cut one dimensional players like boeser and Rathbone.  Start drafting some dmen and players who want to be here and bleed canuck colours.  

Honestly Boeser hasn’t looked terrible at all so far. No goals but he is creating plays and does what he does best and that’s winning board battles and retrieving pucks from behind the net. 

He’s been far better than Miller.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Honestly Boeser hasn’t looked terrible at all so far. No goals but he is creating plays and does what he does best and that’s winning board battles and retrieving pucks from behind the net. 

He’s been far better than Miller.

6 points in 8 games while dealing with an infection on his hand. 

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

The 2011 team had that swagger, a winning culture, every player was accountable, and the stars led by example, on and off the ice. They didn't take days off when they didn't need to, or show up uncommitted and unprepared. They were a very tight knit, close group, had each others backs, and they had confidence.

This 2022 team is nothing like that. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1