The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Me leave the coach till next year then look.Fire sale,rebuild and new coach for two years or so till a good one comes available ,then start the ten year win job.

I mean there’s still trotz available. Last year I called trotz on the hot seat and will be fired but ppl were saying no way hahaha. Really that’s the only guy I want of jr wants structure. We will be a defensive juggernaut one day behind trotz 

• There it is 2

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

Yup.  I just hope that any tank will come with drafting high end, physical top 2 defencemen.  I think history has shown that this is absolutely key to a cup.

Or if say we get more then one first we can trade one and go down a spot or two and grab a Carlo type d man

4 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Seems like Aquas idea of bringing in Boudreau and JR and his minions isn’t working out.Blow it up,Kaboom!

I think this was a Torterella type hire except in the GM chair. It was either going to be magic or collapse..Well it collapsed. 

Maybe Francisco will wise and up look for a rebuild GM. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I find it funny that they hire a President that clearly still wants to be a GM.

Not sure what they’re paying Allvin for exactly.

That goes with a lot of other hires JR has made,maybe he has a plan but we’re not seeing it yet.JR likes his minions....

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

Yup thats the guy they are grooming.  But its probably not worth throwing him into this mess.  They should ride Bruce till the end of the year IMHO.  Get the top 5 pick, sell assets.

Also , the fan base likes Bruce , at least with an eventual home win the crowd will do, their Bruce chant and everyone goes home happy. I like Bruce , I thought he would have more success here

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, x00x said:

trotz will be avail, but i hear he wants a team like the leafs, so doubt he be interested in the nucks

Sportsnet had an interview with him recently and the headline said something about him being interested in an original six team, although the actual interview only mentioned that because the interviewer asked about him ever coaching a Canadian team, knowing it would get more Leaf fan interest. He probably doesn’t care about the Leafs at all.

Quite honestly, it sounds like he wants to be a GM just as much as a coach, I say give him all the roles with the Canucks, even President, like a new Pat Quinn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/barry-trotz-says-coaching-an-original-six-team-would-intrigue-him/sn-amp/

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, igorwasgreat said:

Also , the fan base likes Bruce , at least with an eventual home win the crowd will do, their Bruce chant and everyone goes home happy. I like Bruce , I thought he would have more success here

It was certainly looking that way last year when he took over