The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

Bo and JT are legit together and with Bo here the center depth is legit. Without Bo the center depth gets thin while bolstering the D ( with a Bo trade). To me it's either trade Bo and start a tear down, re build. Or keep Bo and go for it. What if JR could lose Myers contract, trade our first and one if our surplus wingers for a legit, youngish, Dman. To me, it's one or the other. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Horvat a proven top NHL player...for an AHL player like how does that rumor even start lol

6th oa pick taken months ago and has already seen nhl action. But yes. Just reduce it to a ridiculous straw man argument of proven nhl player Vs AHL player. 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Bo and JT are legit together and with Bo here the center depth is legit. Without Bo the center depth gets thin while bolstering the D ( with a Bo trade). To me it's either trade Bo and start a tear down, re build. Or keep Bo and go for it. What if JR could lose Myers contract, trade our first and one if our surplus wingers for a legit, youngish, Dman. To me, it's one or the other. 

He may need to trade the 1st to lose Myers, however, Myers isn't the contract that is the problem. Its clearly OEL.

I personally think you could trade Myers for a small or even good return, specially if you retained 50%, but they won't. That 50% for two years wouldn't hurt us if we are rebuilding. The same could be said for Horvat (UFA anyways) and Miller (for this year only before extension) and Boeser (Should have been traded at last TD and not resigned).

We have been 'going for it' with both Miler and Bo for a while now, and it clearly isn't working. Teams don't just trade legit youngish Dman for magic beans. This team doesn't have the assets to make that trade. They need more picks in order that they can select (And not not take the  OJ's of the draft over the Mcavay or Sergachev types etc) and develop multiple D Man.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Trade Miller too.  Both No and Miller for futures.  Proper reset around the young key core guys.  

My guess is that it would be easier to trade Miller after trading Bo since most teams will look past Miller and towards Bo.  

Can't see trading both of these guys without trading Brock and Garland too.  That's likely $27M/y alone right there as of next year and not factoring in Myers and other candidates.....a proper rebuild indeed.

• There it is 1

17 minutes ago, Lumme21 said:

He may need to trade the 1st to lose Myers, however, Myers isn't the contract that is the problem. Its clearly OEL.

I personally think you could trade Myers for a small or even good return, specially if you retained 50%, but they won't. That 50% for two years wouldn't hurt us if we are rebuilding. The same could be said for Horvat (UFA anyways) and Miller (for this year only before extension) and Boeser (Should have been traded at last TD and not resigned).

We have been 'going for it' with both Miler and Bo for a while now, and it clearly isn't working. Teams don't just trade legit youngish Dman for magic beans. This team doesn't have the assets to make that trade. They need more picks in order that they can select (And not not take the  OJ's of the draft over the Mcavay or Sergachev types etc) and develop multiple D Man.

I do disagree with that. Myers has shown to bring down anyone he's paired with. Would love to see OEL in a more offensive role, rather than babysitting Myers. Definitely agree on drafting. Historically, Canucks brutal at drafting and developing D. I believe it's the biggest reason there is no cup. No Norris winners, no cup.

• Cheers 4

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Trade Miller too.  Both No and Miller for futures.  Proper reset around the young key core guys.  

As much as you kind of want to do this. It wasn’t long ago when Pettersson said on signing his next contract he wants to play for a winning team. You trade both those players for futures we’ll be near the bottom for a bit and he could potentially ask for a trade.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

As much as you kind of want to do this. It wasn’t long ago when Pettersson said on signing his next contract he wants to play for a winning team. You trade both those players for futures we’ll be near the bottom for a bit and he could potentially ask for a trade.

That could happen regardless of who stays or goes though. If Horvat stays and we sputter, he could decide he wants to play elsewhere. If we trade Miller it could happen, if we keep them both and we sputter like we have it could still happen.

A player can become a UFA if their current contract ends after either 7 Accrued Seasons or they are 27 or older as of June 30, this is Pettersson's fifth season and he's got one more season remaining on his current deal. At the end of this deal all he'd have to do is accept his one year qualifying offer and he could walk at the end of that season. Qualifying offers are a single year. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

With Bo and Miller we are at the bottom of the league.  

• There it is 2