The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I am not arguing Demko is playing well..............

But we can not control the front of the net, and we do not know defensive positioning

You can't have fwds stand there while their check gets the puck and scores.  That happens far too much

• Cheers 2

Just now, Viper007 said:

Nothing glaring, but he doesn't make good passes.  There were a lot of icings that he caused.  He definitely wasn't the reason we lost though.

Not saying he is good by any means. He is still an AHL D-man. Just nothing glaring like last game where he gave perfect passes to the other team 3 times and...

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Does everyone understand none of this is demko's fault................nope of it

He was under siege a bit for most of the night. He faltered in the 3rd because Vegas didn't falter in their play for the most part, they kept pushing and never let the Canucks gain too much traction. 

Had we played more like the first half of the first period we likely would have won. 

• Cheers 1

There are so many games with Demko in net that we get ahead by two or more goals, just a modest proposal, but we should pull him at that point and put in Spencer Martin! That would help Demko get his confidence back at the same time Martin get's to close us into another win. Kind of like a closer in baseball.

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

I am not arguing Demko is playing well..............

But we can not control the front of the net, and we do not know defensive positioning

Let's stop pretending Demko has been anything other than terrible this year.  With any one else in net we would have a better record.

It is the height of homer glasses to keep ignoring his actual play and making excuses for it.

Everything is not the defense's fault partner.  When your goalie plays this poorly it absolutely kills your team and that is what is happening.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

Demko has not been good but the team gives up far too many good chances per game. It has been an ongoing problem for years. Demko over the last 1 1/2 seasons and previously Markstrom (under Clark) managed to keep things respectable. Right now we're seeing how bad things can get with average or subpar goaltending.  Demko getting on a roll may help with results but it won't address the fact that this team does not know how to lock games down for one reason or another.  Teams that can do that AND have good goaltending may still be able to win even with lesser scoring punch.

• Cheers 1