The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

The game was lost when they switched Garland and Boeser.  They should've kept all the lines the same.  I don't know why the switch.  Garland was playing well the first period and a half IMO.

naah, we lost due to Demko and Myers being boneheads in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Why fire him though? Who is going to actually make a difference? The team will play this way with any coach. The only options are to trade or sit players.

It’s not just going to be a coaching change. Not hard to figure out. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

This isn't on defense, Martin plays with the same defense why did he consistently getting points for us and Demko consistently giving up 4 GAA.. something happened this summer to Demko, anyone know how he spend the summer?

He got whipped by his wife and now they spend their lives posing for ig shoots.

Face it . Aside from 1 good playoff. Demkos average

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah that’s not on Benning. Podkolzin could be great if they chose to play him. Probably mess it up though. Just feels like that’s how it goes for us 

2/5 on top 10 picks. Ya thats on him. Actually I will make it 2/6 I will include that pick we traded to the Yotes.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

You honestly think our D is not a problem? Both D and goalie are playing like trash except for Martin.

Lol even Martin been playing like trash. He’s like the Canucks avg over 5 goals a game when he’s in net. He makes a few good saves here and there but he’s have not been good this season more lucky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I just threw up in my mouth at the mention of Yeo.

What the hell is he going to do? 

Yeo will be very valuable this year. He is the key to tanking and making sure we finish as low as possible in the standings. Getting a great 1st rounder is the only thing I look forward to other than more trades at least for this season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If I didn’t know better I would say Bruce was trying to lose.

The amount that he put Stillman and Boeser out there just didn’t make sense based on their play.

Boeser created the first goal.  I can see why Bruce played him more, but the goal was on a split line with Petey's line on the ice.  I don't understand why he got put on the Horvat line.

• There it is 1

Just now, Darius said:

I made a post in the GDT describing our D as the worst in the western conference.  I would say in the league but to be honest I dont watch the bottom dwellers in the east at all.

The D is trash, but when your goalie is playing awful everything is magnified and the players in front of him lose confidence.

Yeah I also said Demko is playing like garbage too.Thats why we blow 2 or 3 goal leads with 10 minutes left in regulation. Its like their brain stops working

Just now, J-23 said:

2/5 on top 10 picks. Ya thats on him. Actually I will make it 2/6 I will include that pick we traded to the Yotes.

Oh you think he made the wrong pick? Maybe they should actually put Podkolzin in a position to succeed 

The other problem with this coaching staff (primary one being no structure) is that because they play freewheeling hockey our guys are piling up points - making them more expensive - while our team goes nowhere.

If they have any goals for the season besides getting a high pick they gotta make a change.

On the plus side atleast Brock will have some trade value being a PPG player, regardless of how effective he is.

Edited by Smashian Kassian