The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The most frustrating part about this team is that we can finally score consistently yet we’re so anchored down with bad contracts to fix the D.

If we could dump Myers, Garland, Boeser, and Pearson and lose the dead buyout cap hits we’d have around 20 million to fix the D. Think about what we could do with two extra 7 million dollar D men AND another 6 million dollar D man…

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Pathetic, Lackluster effort 

garland is on pace for 12 goals, 40 points. He’s been invisible too often and flying under the radar 

Bruce has successfully pushed all the buttons to throw Garland off his game this season. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

The most frustrating part about this team is that we can finally score consistently yet we’re so anchored down with bad contracts to fix the D.

If we could dump Myers, Garland, Boeser, and Pearson and lose the dead buyout cap hits we’d have around 20 million to fix the D. Think about what we could do with two extra 7 million dollar D men AND another 6 million dollar D man…

We need to move out at least 2 forwards to clear some cap space to have some money to maybe try go after a rhd in fa...Dumba, Severson anyone else worth mentioning...Not Klingberg!

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think all the guys mentioned can fetch positive value back too. Either these picks or the equivalent in prospects.

Boeser - 2nd

Garland - 3rd

Myers - 3rd (once bonus is paid)

Pearson - 6th

Just get through this year, (while hopefully making playoffs), and reset for next. I'm confident JR & co. can right this ship.

I'm a little nervous that Bruce will be gone next season and it could throw a wrench into our goal scoring ways though tbh. God damn do I wish we had that money for the defence..

Edited by Maginator
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Anyone else notice that the GDT's & PGT's are dead since we started "winning"?

I am surprised tonight that the PGT is only at page 8 currently... Haters usually come out in swarms when we lose, especially in a game like tonight where we were just bad from the get go.

Can't win em all, hopefully the boys get up for the Panthers game...they aren't doing that well this year and they have a good team so it won't be an easy game. We probably see a roster change or 2 for that game

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Can't win em all, hopefully the boys get up for the Panthers game...they aren't doing that well this year and they have a good team so it won't be an easy game. We probably see a roster change or 2 for that game

Very surprising, but they did let Andrew Brunette go after he filled in for the disgraced Joel Quenneville. All Brunette did was record 51 wins, 18 losses and 6 OT/SO losses. Name me another coach who got fired after posting a 51 win season. I'd think he might be on GMPA's short list if it comes to replacing Bruce.

• Cheers 1

Can't win all the games but this one stings, we were never in this game. At least our past losses have been close. 

We are such a different team at home and have been for the last 2 years, zero offence, terrible defending on the rush and average goaltending.

Have to back this up with a win next game or we go back into our losing spiral and all that good work on the road is wasted. I think we go with Martin and see how he responds - if we lose then it's Demko's turn, but against a desperate Florida team will be a tough game.

Glad I decided to take the kids out for some nighttime snow fun instead of watching this game. 

Also had a feeling this one would be worth missing. Seems like our barn is everyone’s favourite spot for setting records or achieving milestones. Knew Ovechkin had a chance at that road goals record, so kinda figured this would be another night (of countless ones over the years) where a visiting player used our team and building to make history.

Anyway, on to the next game.

And the kids and I had a blast playing in the snow.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Anyone else notice that the GDT's & PGT's are dead since we started "winning"?

I mean, this one isn't even at 10 pages yet and some of that was people paying attention to LA and Seattle 

It's gonna take more than a few wins here and there to shake the apathy surrounding this club 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

He was a solid 4th liner.

Given away for nothing. Atleast our 4th is still decent these days.

Yes and he played well when he was put on bo's rw for a 10 or 15 so game stretch.   Mackewan came to play every night.  Another guy im sure the team was pissed we let go.  

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

I think all the guys mentioned can fetch positive value back too. Either these picks or the equivalent in prospects.

Boeser - 2nd

Garland - 3rd

Myers - 3rd (once bonus is paid)

Pearson - 6th

Just get through this year, (while hopefully making playoffs), and reset for next. I'm confident JR & co. can right this ship.

I'm a little nervous that Bruce will be gone next season and it could throw a wrench into our goal scoring ways though tbh. God damn do I wish we had that money for the defence..

Whos going to give us a 2nd for boeser?  

2 hours ago, Neutral said:

I am surprised tonight that the PGT is only at page 8 currently... Haters usually come out in swarms when we lose, especially in a game like tonight where we were just bad from the get go.

I guess people just don't care anymore.

I mean half of my posts in these PGT these days are just GIFs 

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

• There it is 3