The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Collin Delia

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Martin is 6-2-1.

If he plays 40 of the remaining games at that rate that's 57 points on the season.

Plus Delia wins 1/4 of his 21 games, say 5 games...67 points. Tack that on to our current 21 points and we're at just 88 points.

So even if Martin plays lights out we won't make the playoffs.

Last year we had 92 pts, it took 97 to make the playoffs.

I agree. We shouldn’t be actively trying to lose games, but we shouldn’t spend assets trying to make the playoffs either. They need to build towards the future. 

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm so glad they called him up over Silovs. No need to give a young goaltender no-pressure experience to learn from when you can choose the old guy who won't stay in the NHL. It's brilliant thinking.

Team tank! 

After what happened after your namesake got shelled before he was ready, I'm happy Silovs is staying in the AHL for now.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I agree. We shouldn’t be actively trying to lose games, but we shouldn’t spend assets trying to make the playoffs either. They need to build towards the future. 

You mean icing a D that includes Stillman, Myers, Poolman, and Dermott isn’t “actively trying to lose”?

We may have different definitions of the term. :D

• Haha 4

Unintentional tank is on. 

Martin has never been a #1 goalie. Taking that load is different. Demko had a hard time in his first go at it too. 

I'm OK they don't make playoffs again, as long they get rid of bad contracts, and make significant upgrades to the roster. 

Look at Seatte. Joke last yr, now soon to take the div lead. 

• There it is 1

26 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Unintentional tank is on. 

Martin has never been a #1 goalie. Taking that load is different. Demko had a hard time in his first go at it too. 

I'm OK they don't make playoffs again, as long they get rid of bad contracts, and make significant upgrades to the roster. 

Look at Seatte. Joke last yr, now soon to take the div lead. 

Exactly. Time to start making lemon aid.

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I'm so glad they called him up over Silovs. No need to give a young goaltender no-pressure experience to learn from when you can choose the old guy who won't stay in the NHL. It's brilliant thinking.

Team tank! 

There is no such thing as a no-pressure experience for a rookie at the NHL level. These players are born competitive, they can't take a no worries approach to losing at the NHL level, and getting shelled night in and night out will destroy his confidence. Better to let Delia rack up the L's and save Silovs for next year.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

To quote a passage from chapter 5 from the book of Daniel in the Bible:

"the writing is on the wall" and it appears our season and hope for the playoffs is all but over