The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

21 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He should be moved too. I've seen enough WPG fans say they like him enough to know he's got solid value. Not when you compare what we gave up to get him but still...

Salomonnson + 2nd.

Now boeser. 

Prospect + conditional pick. 

I mean that alone would be a great start if we commit to rebuilding around EP properly. 11m cap savings on top of adding depth to the prospect pool. Obviously we would need to eat a bunch of cap as well but as long as it ends this off season who cares.

Buffalo has 4 first rounders + tons of other high picks developing + 17m in cap space plus a ton of young good players who are doing just as good as us PLUS a all their picks and then some. We have 1st rounder who is 3+ years away and that's about it lol.

Just to keep going in my fantasy world I'd move BO for the equivalent of 3+ 1st rounders thanks to the bidding war and try to convince Nashville they should take Miller on for free. 

We could be in the exact same position as Buffalo with tons in the prospect pool, a young roster and tons of capspace. Probably would have the exact same record as we do right now spinning our tires in the mud and paying a premium to do so 

any Boeser trade will be sending cap back imo.  My suggestion was Boeser and Rathbone for PLD and Salomonsson.  PLD has already said he's not staying in winnipeg and the Jets could use another scorer with some contract certainty.  I know PLD is playing well right now, but he's also deep in theminus range, despite his scoring.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Linden said:

Exactly why you need to trade Bo for a few pieces or prospects. No doubt Bo looks good for 2-3 years, but then were stuck with an ugly cap hit (or are you the optimist who thinks the contract will be moveable, like BB6?)

I’d move Miller long before Bo. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Darius said:

Garland gets a fraction of the heat that Brock gets around here, i dont know if its the 1.5 million pay difference that puts more of a target on one guys back.

I think both of these guys have been a casualty of bad management.  Everyone from out of town analysts down to my dad knows this team needs defensive help and some defensive minded forwards.  What does the management team do instead, brings in a glut of wingers that need the right conditions to succeed - like playing with top 6 calibre line mates.  The domino effect has been saddling BB6 and Garland with dries as a centre ...nobody is particularly good defensively and as a unit they dont seem to have the collection of attributes needed to score goals consistently.  Result - both guys are off to terrible starts and their trade values are in the toilet.  I mean does anyone think Kuzmenko would have those numbers playing with Dries from the third line?   Nothing against the player, just picking on him to make an example...but why did management create this situation?  If the plan was to unload a couple wingers for defensive help they surely havent created the ideal conditions to pump these guys value.

Exactly - we didn't need Mikheyev (as great as he's been) and slog another 5M in cap space towards wingers when we already have so many, plus a freebie in Kuzmenko.

The focus which has gone into acquiring wingers compared to the ignoring of defence is what has cost us this season.

In the off-season there was so much speculation around acquiring Marino and imagine how different this team would have looked. NJD part with an average Ty Smith and pick and they get a solid top 4 defenceman who now looks like one of the most solid guys in the league and they've bolstered their defence so well - that's why they're top of the league.

If we had done a Garland + 2nd for Marino type deal we'd be much better off than we are now.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Exactly - we didn't need Mikheyev (as great as he's been) and slog another 5M in cap space towards wingers when we already have so many, plus a freebie in Kuzmenko.

The focus which has gone into acquiring wingers compared to the ignoring of defence is what has cost us this season.

In the off-season there was so much speculation around acquiring Marino and imagine how different this team would have looked. NJD part with an average Ty Smith and pick and they get a solid top 4 defenceman who now looks like one of the most solid guys in the league and they've bolstered their defence so well - that's why they're top of the league.

If we had done a Garland + 2nd for Marino type deal we'd be much better off than we are now.

We need speed and we likely don’t get Kuzmenko without Mikheyev. Looking more like moving Boeser was the plan all along. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

So, if you were the captain of a wooden cargo ship and the owner only gave you cork plugs to stop the leaks, is it your fault the ship sinks?

:picard:

Must have been decent cork plugs to turn things around when Bruce arrived last year! 

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

But you just said he carried his team passed the cup champs.  
Do does it or not?    You are playing both sides to fit your narrative 

No, similar to Kesler carying the Canucks past Nashville one player can carry or dominate a series but they can’t carry a season. 

Either way the Bo is a crappy Captain narrative is beyond stupid. 

Edited by canuck73_3

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

any Boeser trade will be sending cap back imo.  My suggestion was Boeser and Rathbone for PLD and Salomonsson.  PLD has already said he's not staying in winnipeg and the Jets could use another scorer with some contract certainty.  I know PLD is playing well right now, but he's also deep in theminus range, despite his scoring.

Oh yeah I know no matter what trades are made we much take some cap back.. I only mentioned the value side of things! 

I HATE PLDs me first attitude. He did have to play under torts in clb and with two toxic guys in wpg so maybe it's not all on him... but at the same time I would take what you suggest. 

I really want this salomonsson kid in the system. We can have ALL the elias's!!! :lol:

35 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Sorry, no. full stop. he's never cracked 30. his skating will is his weakest attribute.

look at the screenshot I attached, what does every 50 goal scorer on that list do better then brock?

They are all excellent skaters.

Screenshot_20221204-133526_Chrome.jpg

They all played on better teams?

11 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Even worse. We could have done jbone + 2nd. One of those assets we pissed away to take on another cap dump and the other we waste by giving him zero opportunity. Even though I don't want to keep adding to this group and tear it down instead... I would have paid that for Marino rather than what we did instead.

If the plan was to sign mik no matter what I'm moving Garland or boeser out last off season to make the cap space. Could have had both + utilized our assets instead of give them away to hurt ourselves even more 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Linden said:

And how many years of Bo playing at this level? 8?
Timing is off to keep him… team needs several d-men. If you keep him its status quo… exactly what this franchise has been the last 10 years.

I do agree if the team is going full rebuild, then Bo goes. I'm all for a teardown, it's the smart thing to do, but it won't happen. So if it's retool, I think you find a way to move forward with Bo. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, similar to Kesler carying the Canucks past Nashville one player can carry or dominate a series but they can’t carry a season. 

Depends on what you like to see in a captain. 
It’s subjective. 

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would do that in a heartbeat but I doubt they would.  I would actually just trade him for Salomonsson alone as he could turn out to be a good future fit for OEL in a couple years and gives us the cap we need.  Wpg could turn around a sell off PLD in another deal.

I would try to keep "Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev" together

I'd also prefer to re-sign Bo for $8 x 8, and trade Miller

Canucks have a few wingers, so I'd also like to see Boeser and Garland traded for D and Middle 6 help.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikyehev

Hoglander - Horvat - X

Pearson/Podkolzin - X - Studnicka

Joshua - Aman - Lazar

Dries

Hughes - Schenn

X - Myers

OEL - Bear

Burroughs

Edited by NUCKER67

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Garland gets a fraction of the heat that Brock gets around here, i dont know if its the 1.5 million pay difference that puts more of a target on one guys back.

I think both of these guys have been a casualty of bad management.  Everyone from out of town analysts down to my dad knows this team needs defensive help and some defensive minded forwards.  What does the management team do instead, brings in a glut of wingers that need the right conditions to succeed - like playing with top 6 calibre line mates.  The domino effect has been saddling BB6 and Garland with dries as a centre ...nobody is particularly good defensively and as a unit they dont seem to have the collection of attributes needed to score goals consistently.  Result - both guys are off to terrible starts and their trade values are in the toilet.  I mean does anyone think Kuzmenko would have those numbers playing with Dries from the third line?   Nothing against the player, just picking on him to make an example...but why did management create this situation?  If the plan was to unload a couple wingers for defensive help they surely havent created the ideal conditions to pump these guys value.

Garland is a friggin’ Smurfette.  The sooner we dumperoo that guy the better.  Not too sure if any team is willing to take hi. Though, without sending money back.  

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Talk about "stupid narratives".:lol:

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Linden said:

Agreed. Bo is the better player. 

Actually Miller is (by far) the netter player, but we all love Bo, so he’s the one we want to keep.  Bo has a lot of trade value right now,  MOVE HIM Aquilini!  Don’t wait too long like you did with Miller last TDL.