The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

I think we ALL know there's more to Brock's game... the concern is whether or not he'll be able to find it within him and as a Canuck.  To lose his dad, it'll take quite awhile to work through that and refocus himself.  Personally, I think he's improving game by game.  He's having no issues making plays, it's just that goal scoring knack that has alluded him.  If and when that comes, he'll be a regular 70 point player (25 to 30 goals, 40 to 45 assists) and worth his contract.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, coryberg said:

5 points in his last 4 games

18 points in his last 20 games

I don't believe we are going to have a problem moving boeser in the summer when cap space frees up and the market opens.

Tocchet has stated that he believes in Brock's skill level and thinks he can return to the player he was.  If Boeser

continues to play like he has, I suspect we will see him in the top 6 next season.  They will trade Garland instead;

probably with some retention. 

On the other hand, management might be motivated to trade Brock, if the interest and offers are high.  B)

• Cheers 2

I believe that a Brock trade would be the best thing for not only the team but also Brock.  He could really use a fresh start. 

Yesterday he looked disinterested throughout the game, gave up on plays pretty easily.  Then he drew a penalty and provided a great screen on the Petey goal.  

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

They will trade Garland instead;

probably with some retention

4 points in his last 4 games

17 points in his last 23 games

I don't see the need to retain on Garlands deal... unless we are getting a premium return.

Besides that I think he thrives in Tocchets system so I'd be good with keeping him if we had to retain or sweeten.

One thing is for sure at least one winger has to go this summer.

3 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

He’s on pace for 60 points…. How is that not useful? 

With the prime playing opportunity he gets he should be popping in 80 points a year.  Too one dimensional to have on your team if you want to compete for anything of relevance. 

Producing in meaningless games doesnt make him valuable.

• Wat 1

49 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

With the prime playing opportunity he gets he should be popping in 80 points a year.  Too one dimensional to have on your team if you want to compete for anything of relevance. 

Producing in meaningless games doesnt make him valuable.

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

"Boeser sucks cause he's not scoring, his assists don't matter they are all secondary, oh they're not actually mostly secondary? Well his points don't matter cause they're meaningless games." I just don't get this fanbase sometimes man. Every step of the season is another made up reason why what Boeser is doing is worthless.

If you want Boeser gone. Literally the only thing you need to say is "we have a bunch of wingers, we need his cap to improve the defence." Bam, now pretty much everyone is in agreement with you. But y'alls reasons why he is sh*t are so stupid and have no basis in reality. Pittsburgh wanted him for a playoff run. There is value to a guy with Boeser's skillset. Just cause he doesn't fit here doesn't mean he's bad and his production doesn't mean anything. It just means our management teams kept adding redundant pieces and players get squeezed out. It doesn't make Boeser a bad player. It makes our team building bad.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

He’s on pace for 60 points…. How is that not useful? 

Brock is also a -20.  I watch the games and he very ineffective.  Most of the Canucks stats are inflated due to Bruce coaching style. You can say whatever you want about his 46 points but he is far from a useful player at close to 7 million a year. 

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

Brock is also a -20.  I watch the games and he very ineffective.  Most of the Canucks stats are inflated due to Bruce coaching style. You can say whatever you want about his 46 points but he is far from a useful player at close to 7 million a year. 

He is no defensive phenom there's no doubt about that. But he is doing a pretty good job recovering his game and is producing at a rate that is making his contract look at least reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

He is no defensive phenom there's no doubt about that. But he is doing a pretty good job recovering his game and is producing at a rate that is making his contract look at least reasonable. 

If anything I'll say his last 5 games have been better. Probably having the TDL behind him has helped. Tocchet seems to be helping everyone's game. 

Just now, High and Inside said:

If anything I'll say his last 5 games have been better. Probably having the TDL behind him has helped. Tocchet seems to be helping everyone's game. 

I have no problem saying I don't think he's been good this year. What shocks me is that his numbers are where they are given that. 

6 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

I watch the games

All of them????

7 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

Most of the Canucks stats are inflated due to Bruce coaching style.

22 games since Bruce was fired... 17 points in that time for a .77 point percentage.

38 games under Bruce.... 29 points in that time for a .76 point percentage.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, coryberg said:

All of them????

22 games since Bruce was fired... 17 points in that time for a .77 point percentage.

38 games under Bruce.... 29 points in that time for a .76 point percentage.

Our guys stats pretty much stayed the same from BB to Tocchet, including Boeser. The improvement was defensively. The guy whose stats dropped off after BB was Horvat. He’s about .5 pints per game after BB. Different club, of course. But since the coaching change Borser is way outperforming Bo. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 1:23 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

With Mark Stone out for the year and maybe alot longer, he probably goes on LTIR next season to start the year at least.  So they should have room for Boeser.  He would directly replace Stone in the lineup as a RW.

To Vegas:

Brock Boeser ($1 million retention)

Luke Schenn

To Vancouver:

Kaedan Korczak

2023 3rd round pick

Boeser replaces Stone in the lineup and Schenn gives them nice depth on defence.  We get Vegas's best prospect and a 3rd round pick.  Korczak is a RHD , played in Kelowna for several years and could be a long-term partner for Hughes...

Defensive Game

Korczak’s calling card is his defensive game. His strong skating ability leads to outstanding gap control. He is very difficult to beat in one-on-one defensive situations whether that be on the rush or containing his man on the cycle. Korczak is willing to play physical, separating his man from the puck with a big hit, battling in the corners for loose pucks, and clearing the front of the net. He is also very good positionally and uses his big frame and his long stick to block shots and cut down passing lanes. He must continue to get stronger and add muscle to that frame to play this style at the NHL level.

Projection and Comparison

Korczak projects as a top-four defender who will play against the other team’s best players and kill penalties. He would be a great partner for an offensive-minded number one defenceman on a team’s top pair. A couple of more years in junior adding muscle to his frame and continuing to develop his offensive game would be very good for his development. If he can continue to grow that offensive game, to the point where he can bring some offence at the NHL level, he could be a huge steal for the team that drafts him. Korczak’s game is reminiscent of Josh Manson. This is a stylistic comparison only though and not one based on skill and ability.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2019/05/19/kaedan-korczak-scouting-report/

Do you think this deal has potential for the off-season?

Looks like Vegas has a projected $3.6M in cap space with 19 players signed next season.

8 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Do you think this deal has potential for the off-season?

Looks like Vegas has a projected $3.6M in cap space with 19 players signed next season.

I think with the addition of Hronek and to a lesser extent McWard, we are probably even in terms of talent and depth at LD and RD.  I would argue that our biggest need on D now is a true LD defensive shutdown Dman who can kill penalties.  With OEL staying, I don't want him in that role.  Hughes can play with anyone, so getting him a partner isn't as big a necessity IMO.

Having said that, I would go after Nicolas Hague if possible.  I'd do Boeser for Hague, even retain a bit to make it work.  Nicolas Roy is also what we need.  A big RHS centre.  We will see what Vegas does in the playoffs.  But those 2 guys fill out our 2 biggest needs IMO...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Now it's the end of the year, I'd rather keep Boeser and Garland and trade Beauvillier, but Garland may be easier to trade. I still worry that trading Brock may impact Petey and Hughes - they've developed and grown together. Really hope we keep Boeser now, I know 6.6M is a big cap hit but he's still young and shown some real promise playing with Miller on the 2nd line, whereas Garland and Beauvillier really just don't seem to fit anywhere. I'd happily flip Garland and Beauvillier, 9M in cap space right there and at the worst we have to shed a 3rd or 4th, at the best we get some sort of value back. I think Hoglander and Podkolzin can replace Garland and Beau but not Brock.

If you asked me at the start of the season I wanted Brock gone for his bad defensive play but in the last 20 games he was one of the best Canucks under Rick. Everyone thought Tocchet coming in would light up Garland and OEL but instead it was Boeser. 

41 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Now it's the end of the year, I'd rather keep Boeser and Garland and trade Beauvillier, but Garland may be easier to trade. I still worry that trading Brock may impact Petey and Hughes - they've developed and grown together. Really hope we keep Boeser now, I know 6.6M is a big cap hit but he's still young and shown some real promise playing with Miller on the 2nd line, whereas Garland and Beauvillier really just don't seem to fit anywhere. I'd happily flip Garland and Beauvillier, 9M in cap space right there and at the worst we have to shed a 3rd or 4th, at the best we get some sort of value back. I think Hoglander and Podkolzin can replace Garland and Beau but not Brock.

If you asked me at the start of the season I wanted Brock gone for his bad defensive play but in the last 20 games he was one of the best Canucks under Rick. Everyone thought Tocchet coming in would light up Garland and OEL but instead it was Boeser. 

I never wanted to trade Brock but I think at one point it seemed logical for the good of our future, however I am backtracking as he showed a lot of promise later in the season with Tocchet. He battled harder, played better, and looked more confident. He had 17 points in the last 22 games of the season. Brock will never become the perennial 35-40 goal scorer we once all hoped he’d be but no doubt he has more value than a lot of people give him credit for. Without question we have to move at least 1 of Brock, Beau, Garland, or Mikheyev. All are good assets and good players but having a 4+ mil player on 3rd line is just something we cannot afford to have and one of them is guaranteed to be 3rd line when alll are healthy and playing since obviously Kuz is a guaranteed top line guy with petey. Will be an interesting offseason for sure. Just hoping whatever we do happens at the draft. I think a guy like Garland can add us no less than another 2nd so I think it would be highly beneficial to trade sooner rather than later and add draft capital and add another good piece to our organizational depth. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I never wanted to trade Brock but I think at one point it seemed logical for the good of our future, however I am backtracking as he showed a lot of promise later in the season with Tocchet. He battled harder, played better, and looked more confident. He had 17 points in the last 22 games of the season. Brock will never become the perennial 35-40 goal scorer we once all hoped he’d be but no doubt he has more value than a lot of people give him credit for. Without question we have to move at least 1 of Brock, Beau, Garland, or Mikheyev. All are good assets and good players but having a 4+ mil player on 3rd line is just something we cannot afford to have and one of them is guaranteed to be 3rd line when alll are healthy and playing since obviously Kuz is a guaranteed top line guy with petey. Will be an interesting offseason for sure. Just hoping whatever we do happens at the draft. I think a guy like Garland can add us no less than another 2nd so I think it would be highly beneficial to trade sooner rather than later and add draft capital and add another good piece to our organizational depth. 

I know Brock is expensive at 6.6M, but our top-6 really isn't too bad cap-wise when you consider Mikheyev and Kuzmenko are first line players on 5.5M deals, and PDG seems to have settled in nicely with Miller and Brock. 32M for a top-6 isn't horrendous.

Beauvillier - Dries - Garland is a dreadful third line with no identity costing us 10M, that's where we need the biggest retool this off-season. 

Allvin has stated they want a gritty, solid faceoff guy at 3C, surely we'll be hunting a UFA. There are a tonne out there.

With Hoglander and Podkolzin (and maybe Raty and Karlsson/Klimovich dare I say) coming up, we can really afford to lose Beauvillier AND Garland (IMO). Free up 9-10M in cap space and we can do some damage elsewhere. I think we'll probably only sell one of them for a pick/prospect, but I'd ideally get rid of both of them. We could easily get a 2nd and 3rd for the pair of them.

Again ideally with that cap space I'd sign a top-4 defenceman and move Myers with the pick, but this is all too much realistically - we don't see that many moves. Realistically I think we'll see one of Garland, Beau or (hopefully not) Brock traded to free up cap space to allow for our extensions, and get a 2nd round pick back hopefully, otherwise another 3rd.

• Cheers 1