The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know Brock is expensive at 6.6M, but our top-6 really isn't too bad cap-wise when you consider Mikheyev and Kuzmenko are first line players on 5.5M deals, and PDG seems to have settled in nicely with Miller and Brock. 32M for a top-6 isn't horrendous.

Beauvillier - Dries - Garland is a dreadful third line with no identity costing us 10M, that's where we need the biggest retool this off-season. 

Allvin has stated they want a gritty, solid faceoff guy at 3C, surely we'll be hunting a UFA. There are a tonne out there.

With Hoglander and Podkolzin (and maybe Raty and Karlsson/Klimovich dare I say) coming up, we can really afford to lose Beauvillier AND Garland (IMO). Free up 9-10M in cap space and we can do some damage elsewhere. I think we'll probably only sell one of them for a pick/prospect, but I'd ideally get rid of both of them. We could easily get a 2nd and 3rd for the pair of them.

Again ideally with that cap space I'd sign a top-4 defenceman and move Myers with the pick, but this is all too much realistically - we don't see that many moves. Realistically I think we'll see one of Garland, Beau or (hopefully not) Brock traded to free up cap space to allow for our extensions, and get a 2nd round pick back hopefully, otherwise another 3rd.

I am sure Boeser is still on the bloc but then most of the roster is. It is always what comes back and how it fits into the team need. Boeser was getting TOI that Garland was not. He has been on the bloc since last spring. If the threat of a trade didn't motivate him then why would RT? I am sure it is a question of confidence. If PA is offered a 2nd rdr and a prospect does he take it? 

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am sure Boeser is still on the bloc but then most of the roster is. It is always what comes back and how it fits into the team need. Boeser was getting TOI that Garland was not. He has been on the bloc since last spring. If the threat of a trade didn't motivate him then why would RT? I am sure it is a question of confidence. If PA is offered a 2nd rdr and a prospect does he take it? 

PA needs to move out wingers to create cap space.  

If the only trade is for Boeser and it’s a good deal, then make the trade.  If there are several other trade scenarios (ie, A Garland trade, a. Beau trade, etc), then it’ll come down to keeping whomever is the best player to keep + best return.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BPA said:

PA needs to move out wingers to create cap space.  

If the only trade is for Boeser and it’s a good deal, then make the trade.  If there are several other trade scenarios (ie, A Garland trade, a. Beau trade, etc), then it’ll come down to keeping whomever is the best player to keep + best return.

Yeah I think this is it, Allvin simply HAS to trade a winger - there's no way we can go forward next year without moving cap to fit in Miller and Kuzmenko's extensions, even with the dead cap off the books. We need to free up around 3-4M at a bare minimum and that's not including finding this 3C they're talking about. 

If there's simply no takers for Garland or Beauvillier, then our team would sadly be better off with Brock gone for a pick/prospect and signing a solid 3C with the extra cash. I'd much rather we move Garland though, even if it costs us a 4th rounder to move him, and sign a guy a touch cheaper at 3C (like Kampf, Suter or Sundqvist).

It all depends on what teams offer him, but I think a deal is going to happen at the draft.

• Like 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/canucks-boeser-finds-peace-with-hockey-after-season-long-struggle/sn-amp/

Sounds like Boeser went through a season long depression after his dad passed away.  Sounds like he’s in a good space now.  Wish him the best…as a Canuck or on his next team.

Personally, I was a wreck for about a month when my dad passed away.  And I was much much older than Brock.  He was only 25-26yr old when his dad passed away.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

7 hours ago, BPA said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/canucks-boeser-finds-peace-with-hockey-after-season-long-struggle/sn-amp/

Sounds like Boeser went through a season long depression after his dad passed away.  Sounds like he’s in a good space now.  Wish him the best…as a Canuck or on his next team.

Personally, I was a wreck for about a month when my dad passed away.  And I was much much older than Brock.  He was only 25-26yr old when his dad passed away.

I just read the article and came here to see what others think.

Hard not to empathize with him. I’ve lost those close to me the last two years and it really does impact you and the extent you might not even realize till you reflect back on it later. 

adding to grieving, injuries, a compromised summer, head space and just probably his overall self care it’s pretty impressive he even got as many points as he did.

I’ve always been a big fan and although I was hard on him this year I hope we give him this season as his chance to show what he can be.

i do think a healthy, motivated Brock after a big offseason training could be a monster next to JT Miller and a forechecking forward like Mikehyev. 

Brock not just returning to form but improving on the best version of him we’ve ever seen would be absolutely massive for our forward group.

• Vintage 2

I might be on the contrary of recent opinions here , but out of the 3 .. Boeser , Garland , Beauviller,

id keep Beau over the other 2.

Beauviller is all performance, whether he is contributing points wise or not,. He seems fully engaged in every game.

dollar for dollar the best value above Brock or Connor.

Im far past my empathy for Boeser now,  I think he was placed with Miller as Horvat was,

to up his points and value.

Yes, I have seen him more engaged over the last month of hockey,  but I think he will be easily replaced through a rising prospect in the near future.

If he brings back a 2nd rnd pick, or good D prospect I’d be happy to see that 6 m in cap space used more productively.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I might be on the contrary of recent opinions here , but out of the 3 .. Boeser , Garland , Beauviller,

id keep Beau over the other 2.

Beauviller is all performance, whether he is contributing points wise or not,. He seems fully engaged in every game.

dollar for dollar the best value above Brock or Connor.

Im far past my empathy for Boeser now,  I think he was placed with Miller as Horvat was,

to up his points and value.

Yes, I have seen him more engaged over the last month of hockey,  but I think he will be easily replaced through a rising prospect in the near future.

If he brings back a 2nd rnd pick, or good D prospect I’d be happy to see that 6 m in cap space used more productively.

My gut tells me that PA has already decided that BB will move on. Your take on why he played where he did and for the TOI he did is bang on. I like BB's size but he doesn't use it enough or effectively enough when he does. If Allvin can get a 2nd rdr and a prospect I think he will pull the trigger. I don't like to say it but Garland is not big enough to keep him over the long term. He does drive play and should be tradeable. Both BB and Garland free up CAP space. I expect Boeser to go this summer but Garland might be a TDL based on who shines coming out of camp. Beauvillier has ?? around him. He played well with Petey, has a great shot and does engage. Maybe another aspect is that he is a fresh face and if culture change is important he stays. 

• Cheers 1

IMO, we probably need to give Brock one more shot at it.  He has articulated his frustrations with the game of hockey the past couple years, but appears to have made peace with the game.  It does reflect how his play seemed to have picked up towards the latter part of this season. 

The positive out of the past couple seasons is he has found a way to contribute in other areas while he hasn't been scoring goals as readily as he has in the past. 

Best case scenario, he finds his scoring touch again and maintains his assists production.  At 0.5 assists per game, and let's say an extra 10 goals under a full season, he would be an excellent top 6 forward producing something like 28 goals and 42 assists for 70 points.  Not sure I'll ever expect more than that from him.  I think his ceiling is now more of a high 20 goals, and 40ish assists.  So basically worth about what his contract is.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 6:28 AM, Boudrias said:

My gut tells me that PA has already decided that BB will move on. Your take on why he played where he did and for the TOI he did is bang on. I like BB's size but he doesn't use it enough or effectively enough when he does. If Allvin can get a 2nd rdr and a prospect I think he will pull the trigger. I don't like to say it but Garland is not big enough to keep him over the long term. He does drive play and should be tradeable. Both BB and Garland free up CAP space. I expect Boeser to go this summer but Garland might be a TDL based on who shines coming out of camp. Beauvillier has ?? around him. He played well with Petey, has a great shot and does engage. Maybe another aspect is that he is a fresh face and if culture change is important he stays. 

Agreed. A 2nd and a prospect would be a very good return, and i really hope Brock finds his form (in the eastern conference of course). 

Tocchet also wants faster north-south guys who can forecheck hard. Beauvillier and Garland are both better in that respect. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not a shocker. Just think about the amount of complaining about him on here ... and ... it's not like other teams are oblivious and not seeing what people are complaining about. Yet suddenly people are shocked by this ... come on!

At least he transitioned his game last year and his playmaking to be productive, so it's not the end of the world. He put together a different but productive season last year, which I'm guessing is why the team still believes in him. 

• Cheers 3

Brock seems poised for a “comeback” which is odd to say considering he basically matched a career high for points last season.  I think management has the right of it here.

Myers and Beauvillier both only have a year left.  If we’re going to try and shoehorn someone out the door it’s one or both of those two - but even then only in a hockey trade. 

I actually think we can roll our current D out and make the playoffs - but I also think we see closer to 2021 OEL. 

If we don’t make any big moves and eat the Beau / Myers / Pearson contracts I’ll be okay with it but I do hope we find a way to bring in a veteran 3C.  Nothing flashy.  But a good, veteran, defensive / PK guy.  That actually works out.  Unlike Dickinson and Lazar. (Something tells me with Tocchet and his staff this will be a lot more likely.)

• Cheers 4

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It isn't like he is a terrible player, he is a perfectly solid top 6 winger and not really even overpaid.  Boeser would probably cost more in free agency than what he is making now.

He is just hurt by a flat cap and having several similar type players on the roster.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Canucks' fanbase - Roasts Boeser to the high heavens

Also the Canucks' fanbase - Wow nobody wants to trade for Boeser?

We aren't the brightest bunch that's for sure. I still think he has value to us as a player. He has been one of the few players to actually evolve their game. His skating isn't elite, but he's not a slug. He added better playmaking and a more aggressive forecheck to his game. And in a down year still almost managed 20 goals. He's become a very solid all around guy. I get that his near 7mil cap hit isn't ideal. I'd rather him closer to 5.5mil. But I still like him. We are short on right handed shots in the top 6. Both of our centers are lefties. Mikheyev who plays RW on occasion is a lefty. Thankfully Kuzy is a righty. But I like him as a player and even more as a person.

• Cheers 4