The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

21 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

So who’s the one team that’s really interested in Boeser, but wants us to retain salary?

Wild, Jets, Preds, Flames have all been rumoured to be looking for top 6 help. Do the Wild want us to retain like 2 mill while they go through cap hell and Boes goes home?

51 minutes ago, Boknows08 said:

Wild, Jets, Preds, Flames have all been rumoured to be looking for top 6 help. Do the Wild want us to retain like 2 mill while they go through cap hell and Boes goes home?

Wild are in cap hell (yet annoyingly good), so that’s a good guess. 

59 minutes ago, Boknows08 said:

I still think the Preds make a decent partner. They're looking to move Fabbro and need some scoring help, perhaps they'd kick in a prospect with fabbro for 50-60 points a year.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Boknows08 said:

2.6 years of 2million? That would be a huge sweetener!

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boeser any day of the week. Sure he's on a 6.5M cap hit but he's young and we might be able to negotiate his next year. Miller is locked down, 8M for a long time, and he's already showing us he's not getting better, is only getting worse. I'd keep Boeser and trade Miller because also you'd hope we get more of a haul from Miller but even if we're just losing one for nothing, I'd still want to lose Miller. We could do some real damage with his cap hit in the future. For example...re-sign our best player?

Is there another Boeser you are referring to lol!!! Boeser is one of the worst player right now playing for the Canucks!!! Without the puck he is horrible..too slow and his forecheck is super weak!! Only plus side is his shots but that is it!!! To play in the NHL you need a lot more than that. He has the worst +/- on the team with -14 right now!! 

18 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Legit question 

Who would you rather keep if you had to keep one

Boeser or Miller? 

With their current contacts? Boeser. It's short term, and he has high probability of returning to a form that could see him being valuable on a short term deal in the final year of the contact, particularly if the Canucks would retain in that final stretch. Miller on the other hand hand has a huge contract left, but may still have value right now if we were to trade him. Not nearly as much as with no contract, but that ship sailed. This team needs to shed as much salary as possible, and do their best not to sell low on the minimal assets we have.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, coryberg said:

2.6 years of 2million? That would be a huge sweetener!

We should be rebuilding. If that was the case, I would seriously look into retaining that much if we were able to get a prospect such as Lambos or Ohgren from the wild. Add Rathbone if need. 

9 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

Fabbro would be nice in a swap for Boeser if they would be willing to make a Hockey trade, or for Garland if they prefer that route.

Yeah

fabbro would good to get as long as he hasn’t been implicated in the hockey Canada scandal. 
i wouldn’t  touch any of those guys until everything’s settled. 

Just now, combover said:

Yeah

fabbro would good to get as long as he hasn’t been implicated in the hockey Canada scandal. 
i wouldn’t  touch any of those guys until everything’s settled. 

Every report says that it involved CHL players.  Fabbro and Makar were NCAA.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Boknows08 said:

We should be rebuilding. If that was the case, I would seriously look into retaining that much if we were able to get a prospect such as Lambos or Ohgren from the wild. Add Rathbone if need. 

Wild are not interested in Boeser per Russo.  Says they could have traded for him so many times and always passed.  Says they think he's a 1 trick pony and doesn't really fit how they want to play.   Guerin was also just on Russo's "straight form the source" podcast and said he's no longer really looking for a top-6 F.  Hartman is returning this week + they've been winning games.  He did throw out the standard 'if a move can make us better we'll look into it' but then talked of chemistry, the room etc.  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

I get the idea of retaining cap on boeser's contract but that makes no sense for the Canucks.

A smarter idea would be taking back a comparable shorter term contract

IE; Lucic that expires this year or Johnson who expires next year.

You effectively say that you will hold the same level of/value of cap while having a contract that expires much faster.  Thus making sure the trading team can in fact manage to fit Boeser in.

IE something like and in example ONLY

Van Trades:  Boeser + 6th

Chi trades: Johnson Crevier + 3rd

Boesers contract washes Johnsons.  Johnson expires next year.  Crevier is a very large awkward skating RHD, the 3rd is a bonus.

Canucks therefore trade Boeser away for a potential RHD prospect with size and a defensive accumen gain a pick and are free of the contract at the end of next season.

That is just an example of swapping Boeser for another contract and gaining something better than what is suggested or owning the full weight of retention over the next 3 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1