The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wolanin getting the call up. 

Gotta wonder who’s getting traded.

not Stillman (you cannot simply replace the finest tank commander of this decade). 

OEL is unmovable. 

I guess Hughes is the odd man out. Oh well, that’s what happens when you have a stacked left side. Weakest link has to get cut. 

So, is the defence just this bad, that our goalies are getting shelled?

Or is our goaltending just plain awful?

Do our forwards not know how to check, and be defensive? (Apart from Petey)

Or all the above?

We can't be the Oilers and try to outscore our problems. That's just not sustainable.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Why don’t y’all just wait and see what happens with Bo. The bickering back and forth is pointless. You probably got 3 months here before we have any idea what’s happening with Bo 

Because the direction of this club is a hot topic considering how the season has gone and Horvat's a big part of both a future that involves him and a future that does not 

Plus, we like to argue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The owner signs off on trades of key guys. Too much evidence over the years that this owner refuses rebuilding moves that involve key core pieces.  He will not allow a Bo trade.  

He will keep them all to the point at any cost even our veterans declined to bare minimum value we get in any return if at all.   This is how he rolls.  Maybe a losing him to free agent will wake him up the next September without Bo and without any assets in return and no playoff revenue and continue losing ways.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again, autonomy is autonomy. 

JR has said he manages up.  That’s not autonomy.  Our owner refuses rebuilding moves.  That’s been his mandate since he bought the club.  None of his management have had autonomy, and none will.  It’s his team.  He sets the direction. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gurn said:

No we don't. Beside this isn't the room for that sort of thing.

Are you arguing that you don't like to argue, I don't like to argue, or that we don't like to argue? Because I absolutely like to argue about hockey..

:bigblush:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Because the direction of this club is a hot topic considering how the season has gone and Horvat's a big part of both a future that involves him and a future that does not 

Plus, we like to argue 

Haha fair.

Just hop on my team: I don’t know wtf is going on team.

It’s the best of everything 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR has said he manages up.  That’s not autonomy.  Our owner refuses rebuilding moves.  That’s been his mandate since he bought the club.  None of his management have had autonomy, and none will.  It’s his team.  He sets the direction. 

Aquaman does it, by signing them to short term deals - which shortens their plans and if the team suck, they become the scapegoat then another rookie GM, gets a shot. Same plan since 2011.  Doesn't he realize that that roster was MOSTLY created through the draft, which allowed the core of that roster to develope together..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Do our forwards not know how to check, and be defensive? (Apart from Petey)

Or all the above?

We can't be the Oilers and try to outscore our problems. That's just not sustainable.

A little bit of everything.

Sometimes the defense is just watching.  Sometimes the goalies aren't making saves they should.  Sometimes the forwards are not doing their jobs.

Sometimes it's just bad luck.  First goal, going off of Garland right to the Habs instead of out of the zone, or the tieing goal going off of Schenn to the Habs player.  Just some weird stuff.  A lot of breaks not going the Canucks way, but as they say, you earn your breaks.

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Bo isn't gonna cost that much to sign.

He's having a career year... which won't be repeated.

He has a 22.7% shooting percentage this year... he can't keep that up.  He averages over his career approx. 15%.

GM's know that... they set values based on consistency... not career years.

I don’t know about that. 2021 shortened season 19g.  In 56 games. 30 g. Last year. That’s a pretty condensed look at recent history   Then this years totals equits to a hefty raise. You don’t think his agent paid a little attention to miller’s contract. Or the kid in minny the other day. They have to move players out or trade him. It’s sh!t or get off the pot time for the old geezer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Devron said:

Haha fair.

Just hop on my team: I don’t know wtf is going on team.

It’s the best of everything 

I don't know wtf is going on either but I have some very strong views and opinions and I will argue about them 

I've spent too much time shitposting into the void here to pretend I don't like the back and forth 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Do our forward not know how to check, and be defensive? (Apart from Petey)

Or all the above?

-  Our #1 Goalie is having a bad year because of an un-healed injury... now he's out

-  We only have one defenseman playing like a legitimate top 4 D... that being Hughes.  OEL and Myers are not playing up to their salaries... playing like #5's.  Rest are 6/7's except maybe Bear who is also a #5.

-  We have a p*ss poor defensive system... the forwards are not backchecking or covering their assignments. 

-  Whole team is collapsing to the net far too soon at even strength... as if they are in the PK...  leaving other teams with plenty of time and space.

-  No system to break up opposing team's cycle game... which kills us.

• There it is 1

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

-  Our #1 Goalie is having a bad year because of an un-healed injury... now he's out

-  We only have one defenseman playing like a legitimate top 4 D... that being Hughes.  OEL and Myers are not playing up to their salaries... playing like #5's.  Rest are 6/7's except maybe Bear who is also a #5.

-  We have a p*ss poor defensive system... the forwards are not backchecking or covering their assignments. 

-  Whole team is collapsing to the net far too soon at even strength... as if they are in the PK...  leaving other teams with plenty of time and space.

-  No system to break up opposing team's cycle game... which kills us.

Poor depth and the players are only interested in playing offence to pad their stats cause they know the team ain't winning a cup. 

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Aquaman does it, by signing them to short term deals - which shortens their plans and if the team suck, they become the scapegoat then another rookie GM, gets a shot. Same plan since 2011.  Doesn't he realize that that roster was MOSTLY created through the draft, which allowed the core of that roster to develope together..

Can’t believe he brought in a rookie like Rutherford. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1