The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I value 2nd round picks veeeeeery highly especially with our prospect pool in the state that it is. 

I hope we keep Schenn. IMO we need a few culture carrying vets! 

I respect your opinion but this is not a way to make a profit before TDL for non playoff team. He is gone and only question is how realistic to get a 2nd round back. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I respect your opinion but this is not a way to make a profit before TDL for non playoff team. He is gone and only question is how realistic to get a 2nd round back. 

I understand that. IMO he is one of the players who's value will be the long term lasting effects he has on the young players who play with him and around him. Even if and especially if we are stripping this team down and putting up new studs. 

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I understand that. IMO he is one of the players who's value will be the long term lasting effects he has on the young players who play with him and around him. Even if and especially if we are stripping this team down and putting up new studs. 

He is 33 year old and UFA next year, you keep him and he will walk out for FREE, we can't afford that. 

27 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I value 2nd round picks veeeeeery highly especially with our prospect pool in the state that it is. 

I'd be thrilled if he circled back to us in July after we get assets for him at the TDL.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

I hope not.. hope he resigns long term with no trade clause. We don’t have anyone that are vmbrave enough to throw a hit. He also plays hard every shift something that cannot be said for majority of players…. Why would he resign here when he’ll get traded again next year. 

Maybe we could rent him out like block buster every year at the DL

• Haha 1

Schenn likes playing with Hughes, make the deal so that the decision is in his hands and I could see him go and come back. Make sure his input goes into the decision at least somewhat he deserves that. Could get at least a 3rd, he's had a good year point wise for his role could even be a 2nd. But I think it's gonna be a 3rd maybe plus a draft +1 player 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Schenn likes playing with Hughes, make the deal so that the decision is in his hands and I could see him go and come back. Make sure his input goes into the decision at least somewhat he deserves that. Could get at least a 3rd, he's had a good year point wise for his role could even be a 2nd. But I think it's gonna be a 3rd maybe plus a draft +1 player 

Rather have a player back.  

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Meh on 2nd rounders, especially late round 2nds.  I'd rather see a player coming back.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Meh on 2nd rounders, especially late round 2nds.  I'd rather see a player coming back.

Me too. 

2nd rounders are severely overrated on here. Yea they could become the next Kucherov by 99% chance they don’t.

Give me a young D man like Foote over a 2nd any day.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Me too. 

2nd rounders are severely overrated on here. Yea they could become the next Kucherov by 99% chance they don’t.

Give me a young D man like Foote over a 2nd any day.

How many of our reclamation projects have worked out? 

Markstrom thanks Ian aaaaaaaand???

• Cheers 3