The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

I'd prefer we keep him, but I'll take a 2nd and 4th for him....he's probably gonna end up in WPG, Schmidt could use his steady presence on the bottom pairing with him...

He's having the most productive season of his career, along with everything else that he brings....so I hope the return will reflect this (his age notwithstanding)

Edited by Sophomore Jinx

Man I feel bad for Schenn, I hope we get a good return.. but wife giving birth and being traded in the same couple weeks, kind of rough.

I hope if this is the case, he doesn’t take this personally and still comes back on a 2 year in the off season.  Heart and Soul player.

• Cheers 1

Just now, EB43 said:

Man I feel bad for Schenn, I hope we get a good return.. but wife giving birth and being traded in the same couple weeks, kind of rough.

I hope if this is the case, he doesn’t take this personally and still comes back on a 2 year in the off season.  Heart and Soul player.

Poor guy. Multimillionaire about to be traded before a snowstorm in Vancouver and welcome a child into his life. Seems like a terrible time you’re right :rolleyes:

I don't care what Dhaliwal says.  

Until such time as Vintage has confirmed it.  I will say this is baby related and not trade related.

I will also say if a 1st and 3rd is the rumoured return for Gavrikov on an expiring contract with over $700k left for pro rated cap hit as an LHD.  What is Schenn worth  as an RHD with his resume and barely $200k pro rated on his contract?

Edit*

also wanna say if it IS trade related than my opinion of rutherford and allvin have dropped even moer because that is absolute trash for a guy who's partner is due any minute now

Edited by Warhippy

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I don't care what Dhaliwal says.  

Until such time as Vintage has confirmed it.  I will say this is baby related and not trade related.

I will also say if a 1st and 3rd is the rumoured return for Gavrikov on an expiring contract with over $700k left for pro rated cap hit as an LHD.  What is Schenn worth  as an RHD with his resume and barely $200k pro rated on his contract?

Edit*

also wanna say if it IS trade related than my opinion of rutherford and allvin have dropped even moer because that is absolute trash for a guy who's partner is due any minute now

Come on now. Rick's only sources are the agents. No canuck is calling up Rick to tell him what to say lol. Agent on the other hand...

8 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Kind of rough, but that's professional sports. He could of retired a couple years back and just relaxed had he wanted to. 

In the end, he will get traded, and the destination team will give him an extended leave to attend to his wife & newborn. He is a hired gun for April-on as a 6th/7th guy. After that, he'll then live out of a hotel for 3-4 months for a chance at another cup.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Michael Stone placed on IR today, Calgary with rumoured interest.

My guess is he’s going to Calgary. Whether it’s part of a bigger deal we’ll see.

WTF do we even get from Calgary though?  What do they have?  Andersson?  Picks?