The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] All Canucks FOR SALE except EP40 who is "Untouchable".

RU SERIOUS

This management group is quickly becoming gag-worthy. No clear direction. They’ve put the entire team except one player on notice they could be traded at any point. That has to be unsettling and chemistry killing for the team. There are all these assistants helping to general manage yet optically they look very unmanaged. How I’d like one competent person in charge rather than this team of yuk yuks. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Lol nevermind the Canucks are screwed. Everyone is for sale but won't take picks or futures back? Lmao this group. Can't wait to spin tires for another 8 years.

Going to be riskier and a much longer process if they sell for futures.  I want to see Petey win in Van, so I much prefer players coming back.  

• Cheers 1

Friedmann says all Canucks except Pettersson are for sale, but yet, no one is for sale, are they?

Nope, JR/PA are focused on playoffs. You could tell from their PIT draft history that they never cared much about Draft picks and prospects. Nah, Sid, Geno, Letang and Fleury carried the load for that team for many years and made JR/PA look good. 

I'm not expecting any big trades from this group. Too chicken.  

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Going to be riskier and a much longer process if they sell for futures.  I want to see Petey win in Van, so I much prefer players coming back.  

Can't see Petey wanting to stay anyway if they ship out guys like Hughes/Horvat.

If true, at least they've reached the right decision.

Petey is untouchable. 

Hughes is nearly untouchable.

Demko, if healthy, is untouchable.

Everyone else should be on the block. But the younger guys like Hoglander and Podkolzin should also be kept on the roster if possible.

It is critical to 1) draft a player with potential to be at the same caliber as Petey and Hughes in 2023 and 2024 and then 2) fill the age gap created by missing on 2020 and 2021 first rounders.

Trade Horvat first and then decide the next move based on the returns.

Apparently, the Canucks have no interest in a rebuild, but would be willing to trade players for other players, to change up the mix and try to find that winning combination.

Boeser could be traded, Horvat could be re-signed

Who else could they trade?  Garland? Burroughs? Rathbone?

Hughes - Bear

OEL - Schenn

?? - Myers

??

Stillman

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

To that end I’m glad management is going to give it an honest effort to stay competitive, at least for the short term.  As long as we aren’t letting guys walk for nothing you can always sell for picks.  

I absolutely hate it with a passion. So frustrated by this approach. All I can say is I hope I'm wrong and it somehow works out because really it's stay competitive at all costs.

1 hour ago, Mando27 said:

As they should be. I'll believe it when I see it though, this ownership has subjected us fans to this garbage for so many years.

Yeah, they've lied about lots of things. One of them were these big changes and fans needing to be prepared. :( Nothing will happen except the same old same old.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I absolutely hate it with a passion. So frustrated by this approach. All I can say is I hope I'm wrong and it somehow works out because really it's stay competitive at all costs.

Yeah, they've lied about lots of things. One of them were these big changes and fans needing to be prepared. :( Nothing will happen except the same old same old.

Aquaman will continue to underestimate and use this fanbase cause most are still keeping him, in the profit zone...

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

Tampa sold Martin St. Louis in 2014 to the Rangers. They were a borderline playoff team -- I could be wrong but I remember that they ended up making the playoffs that year even without Marty.

They came back stronger but even then it wasn't enough until Brayden Point and Anthony Cirelli came along.

The best way forward is to identify the core group of players to grow together and constantly inject youth through the draft until you reach that point where you are consistently making the playoffs. Then, you could start to sell your futures (1st rounders) to try to win it all like Tampa and Coloardo did.

I would consider everyone drafted before Petey as a tradeable asset at this point. This is not to say that we don't need the vets. We need the vets. Guys like OEL will stay and I hope we re-sign defencemen on value contracts like Schenn and Bear. And I hope we also keep Dermott; as long as he is healthy, he's a great 3LD and bring shot suppression missing from OEL and QH. Find a right hand shot defenceman to play with Hughes and our defence will look pretty good all of sudden.

Hughes-RD

OEL-Schenn

Dermott-Bear

When it comes to forwards, we need to make a few decisions.

1. Horvat vs Miller. I had Horvat in the core and Miller not in it but now it looks like Miller is in and Horvat is out. That's not as terrible a thing as some people here seem to think:  1) Miller is a scoring winger with size, something that every team needs; 2) Horvat likely fetches what Miller would have fetched anyways, if not more; 3) an upgrade over Horvat as a scoring center would make us harder to match up. Losing two high minute players overnight is not a good way to rebuild a team that already has some pieces of the core in place (Petey, Hughes, Demko).

2. Boeser vs Garland. We already tried but failed to trade Boeser. Garland's AAV is lower so he is easier to trade. So this one, the decision is made for us: trade Garland.

3. Re-sign Kuz with Garland's cap. If he doesn't re-sign by the TDL, we have no choice but to trade him.

With all of these moves sorted out this season, do not extend Bruce's contract and fire Yeo. Hire Trotz if possible. Trotz has coached multiple styles successfully and would be an ideal coach to work out our defensive structure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently, the Canucks have no interest in a rebuild, but would be willing to trade players for other players, to change up the mix and try to find that winning combination.

Boeser could be traded, Horvat could be re-signed

Who else could they trade?  Garland? Burroughs? Rathbone?

Hughes - Bear

OEL - Schenn

?? - Myers

??

Stillman

Horvat gone.

Garland gone.

Myers should be gone even with cap retention. His salary will be 1 mil after the bonus -- maybe we won't need a retention.

If they can maximize their return from the above 3 players and re-sign Kuz, Bear, and Schenn this season, I would call it a win. I would also re-sign Dermott if he's back to 100%.

We have to accept that Miller and Boeser will remain on the team for a foreseeable future.

Hughes-RD

OEL-Schenn

Dermott-Bear

That 3rd pairing is pretty mobile and can suppress shots. Just need to find that missing partner for Hughes.

Horvat for 3 futures.

Garland for futures.

Boeser for capspace. 

Miller for capdumps expiring soon.

Re sign kuzmenko.

Move Myers after his bonus is paid next year.

Let Pearson ect naturally expire unless someone wants free players lol.

Walaaa not very hard canucks. Just do it

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Man that PA press conference was not confidence inspiring. More incremental building with middling pieces is the plan. 
Another decade of frustration starting. They are going to Squander EP’s career with this plan. He deserves better, we deserve better. 

No we don’t.

This is exactly what we deserve as long as we keep buying tickets, merchandise, and tuning in.

If we keep supporting this owner and handing him our money nothing will change. If you care about this team you’ll stop watching.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Friedmann says all Canucks except Pettersson are for sale, but yet, no one is for sale, are they?

Nope, JR/PA are focused on playoffs. You could tell from their PIT draft history that they never cared much about Draft picks and prospects. Nah, Sid, Geno, Letang and Fleury carried the load for that team for many years and made JR/PA look good. 

I'm not expecting any big trades from this group. Too chicken.  

Yup, exactly what Ray Ferraro said the other day, to chicken 

• Upvote 1