The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

I could care less about a “stat line”, in fact that’s the catch 22 with JT, he shows up on the stat sheet, but is invisible through most games.  Miller is persona non grata 5v5

Got any stats to back that up?

:P

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Does anyone have details on Ethan Bear's statement about the team wanting to have fun too much, and the need to get to work? And about coaching being too nice? 

Sounds right to me. On the road, they're together as a team, away from family/friend distractions, and it seems they play a lot better. At home their record is what 5 of 15? 

I  remember a time years ago when their home record was pathetic and the players weren't allowed to go home for, I think a couple of weeks. And it worked! Staying in hotels together, away from their families, brought them back together as a team. That probably wouldn't be allowed in today's powder puff society, but something like that may be what these powder puff players need.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The only thing impressive about JR and crew is that they have managed to annoy all spectrums of the fan base.

Weather you are a rebuilder, tanker or retooler...errrrbody is pissed. 

Well done, brass.

Chris Gear had a good tweet about how management has just come in and let everyone know Bruce, Horvat and Boeser are all basically out the door and everyone else not named Elias is on the block.

Not an easy dynamic to play under… and even going back to the summer they snipped Bruce’s balls and ignored Bo to chase a Miller deal. Add to that the rumoured deal getting nixed on the draft floor and the Garland, OEL-being-asked-to-waive rumours and this team’s effort level makes a lot more sense.

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The only thing impressive about JR and crew is that they have managed to annoy all spectrums of the fan base.

Weather you are a rebuilder, tanker or retooler...errrrbody is pissed. 

Well done, brass.

Really had high hopes this year. The players ought to have reached the playoffs easily. But as a team these guys are terrible. BB’s coaching is ineffective when 90% of the team fail to show up. Can’t make any trades because the NHL has handcuffed all the teams with the hard Cap and all the teams are Cap’d out. Canucks are stuck. 

Breaking Free Big Cat GIF by Barstool Sports

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Chris Gear had a good tweet about how management has just come in and let everyone know Bruce, Horvat and Boeser are all basically out the door and everyone else not named Elias is on the block.

Not an easy dynamic to play under… and even going back to the summer they snipped Bruce’s balls and ignored Bo to chase a Miller deal. Add to that the rumoured deal getting nixed on the draft floor and the Garland, OEL-being-asked-to-waive rumours and this team’s effort level makes a lot more sense.

Totally.

Did they think an ' (almost) everyone must go' rumour would inspire the bunch? If they have no faith in the team then maybe the team starts to think that also.

This brass is as trust worthy as a JT Miller cross ice pass. Whats to say that they wont clean house and bring in a new batch of problems? We have semi retired JR as an overload with a bunch of, perhaps not ready, minions. Fun stuff.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Really had high hopes this year. The players ought to have reached the playoffs easily. But as a team these guys are terrible. BB’s coaching is ineffective when 90% of the team fail to show up. Can’t make any trades because the NHL has handcuffed all the teams with the hard Cap and all the teams are Cap’d out. Canucks are stuck. 

Breaking Free Big Cat GIF by Barstool Sports

I hoped this would be a step in the right direction this year. I always knew we needed a healthy good Demko to take that step. 

We also needed D -support. When they signed Miller it should have signaled going all in. They didn't, went half assed, didnt adress the D, Demko played crap and got injured.

and here we are. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh come on Man, are you serious!? one of these days these guys have to be accountable for their actions, this is nothing new and you definitely can't blame it on being sick. Many of players and coaches have lost their jobs because of these guys. No more excuses, just accountability please.

It is a valid reason, for the last two games, NOT the rest of the season. So don't give me that oh come on b.s.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

That's the thing! People think we are going to get some big haul for Bo but it's just not happening in today's market. He is a UFA on a career year looking for a retirement contract. He is purely a rental and while he doesn't cost much to an Interested team, he simply isn't worth much.

I would say we get a 3rd line centre and a late first OR a #5/6 RHD and a late first.

If they don't want picks then it will be the centre and d coming back with no pick, and neither of those will make a difference.

But at least we won't be the teaming signing him to another 8m/7 year contract!

I don't agree he isn't worth much. He'd be worth a decent picks, and prospects package with a little cap dump. This is definitely a playoff type of add player. 212 pound faceoff master who will probably be a 40 goal scorer. Our management is just too dumb to take it though.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does that mean we are deploying him wrong? 

or does that mean he’s having issues at home? As in his personal home / family life.

and issues with maybe his relationship, distractions, pre game prep, etc

because thats quite drastic.

but he’s had so many games he’s looked horrible I haven’t paid attention to if they were all home games.

This is Management in the honey moon period. Let the team show its true colors, cleanse the culture, and get a good draft position.  It may take two years of this to right the ship and fix the cap hell but we should have a prospect cupboard at that time.

I'm happy the D wasn't fully addressed. If this was part of the Miller negotiations, I can see why he is less enthusiastic. I will embrace the two years of pain if they stay the course--just hope the upswing includes Pettey and more muscle.  

3 hours ago, tas said:

I'm not sure allowing the 9th most goals through the first 16 home games in club history counts as a stat. that twitter handle should be MeaninglessStatsCentre.

What constitutes as a stat then to you? 

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

All I'm saying is - give this mess some time. I think if fans really think this team is a result of Alvin/Rutherford they're wrong. This is still Benning's mess that needs to be cleaned up. It will happen in due time but reality is we're handcuffed.

Lol, they needed cap space and they signed Miller and Boeser to $14 mil.

Utter failure - has nothing to do with Benning

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

Big changes will come - just be patient. I know it's hard when we've been told this for the last 7-8 years... 

For what, they think this team is good and just needs some finishing touches?

• Cheers 4