The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 22 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Seattle Kraken - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

IS is o me o for those things where the car is actually on a flatbed and Myers is only pretending to be driving?  Because really this is not safe.  Drivers need to be focused on driving and not recording a conversation.  Thumbs down for safety.  

You never talk while driving?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

6th in the division, 10 points behind 3rd place Seattle, with 3 teams to climb over

9 points behind Edmonton, for the last wild card spot, 4 teams to get past.

Hey management- do not wait till the trade deadline.

1- the guy you wanted to trade could be injured, and untradeable

2- the guy you traded for won't have enough time to drag us into the play offs

3- the play offs, or the best draft spot will no longer be in reach

Agreed 

I think we will start seeing action in January/February.  Teams are still building up cap space.  

After the Canucks lost by four goals to Winnipeg on Saturday, defenceman Ethan Bear, still relatively new to Vancouver told Sportsnet

"We've got to stop having so much fun and just get to work because of what needs to be done"

Being benched kinda feels like payback for his quote....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It's about time for the Canucks to get a resounding win against a divisional rival. This season is such a roller coaster. It's awesome will we hit rock bottom this year or will we rally to squeak into the playoffs? Neither would surprise me. Win or lose I'll always cheer for the win but as a fan If they lose and when they lose I want them to go down fighting. Is this a team that makes games hard in our barn.....? Unfortunately no. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

Pederson and Pettersson on the same line, gonna be a fun night for Shorty...

...WAIT until Pettersson  (Our 80th overall pick in the 2022 NHL Draft) shows up on the team in a couple of years with the other two.    That will drive Shorty into retirement trying to call the game!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Maginator said:

I honestly didn't like Bear's game against St. Louis...

I get he had a bad game, but surely he's a better option than Stillman, Burroughs, and Myers.

Anybody - than Still-Man.     The Gingerbread man would stop more pucks than him.Gingerbread Man GIF - Gingerbread Man Gingerbreadman GIFs

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Getting steamrolled in our loses and just sneaking by with our victories. Not a recipe for success. You want the exact opposite

that's definitely something that doesn't get you wins in the stanley cup finals for example

oh wait..

54 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

After the Canucks lost by four goals to Winnipeg on Saturday, defenceman Ethan Bear, still relatively new to Vancouver told Sportsnet

"We've got to stop having so much fun and just get to work because of what needs to be done"

Being benched kinda feels like payback for his quote....

he's not wrong. losing games doesnt exactly produce results, i hear. don't quote me on that

• Cheers 1

Bruce is daring management to fire him scratching Bear like this. 

I kinda think they aren’t going to give him the coup de grace, though, because why not just tank it out given the strength of the draft. Don’t let a new coach bump ruin it.

That said, we need to beat the sea krak tonight. Myers can choke slam McCann through the ice for Mrs Bartkowski once and for all.