The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Dec. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I don't see anybody wanting Bowser or Myers without retaining salary.

Unfortunately both are probably summer time trades...Myers should be easy once the bonus is paid out (I think $1M in real salary remaining). Boeser is a quandary, Mgmt likely needs to hope he rebounds somewhat over the rest of the year and regains some value.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Cheers amigo,

I'm the same... we all know changes needs to be made, but I will NEVER cheer against Canucks, ever...

I love it when we take it to the opposition...

Just can't believe how one side the commentary was... Even at the intermission the two blobber heads were speaking about McD never dives, and all the none calls against Oilers, yet barely gave it a mention, when OEL to an elbow straight to the face...

When Nucks scored, they were more interested in zooming in on the Oilers Bench than on the Canucks bench... well. I guess it made it even more sweet...

Merry Christmas, the smiles are back.

Love to hear about the Oilers commentary haha. Merry Christmas friend 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Lol. Sorry to be realistic.  Everytime horvat scores , remember they signed miller instead.  Ooops , now horvat hits his prime. It's complete incompetence year after year, and I've watched pom pom posts fly after wins without any accountability for where the franchise is overall. So far, this season has been a massive failure, and it will get worse, so no , not stoked when this is the new shiny " rebuilt team" we waited for squeezing out some wins. Overall,  it's not a championship team, and that's what fans deserve.  

We could list off idiotic move after idiotic move for the last 7 or so years , but we shouldn't be happy with this product.  It shouldn't be shocking when they win.

Don't think the last song has been sung yet in that play.... Bo keeps this up, there is no way they won't try to keep him...

Over the last 2-3 years we have heard just about every player on this team leave, only to end up with a new contract.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t see it. I don’t see jersey making that deal but you never know I suppose. I do get where your coming from though 

They'd be getting an elite offensive damn for a team looking ready to compete, to say nothing of the marketing bonanza they'd get with three elite American brothers on the same team trying to restore the Devil's back to their glory days.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

56 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Hey it's just an idea.

I don't think it out of the realm of possibilities and should be looked at. IMO his play doesn't warrant 20+ minutes a night, and he could be a huge part of the reason why we are where we are.

Not saying it should or shouldn't be done but it needs to be considered if we want to re-sign Bo.

I'm just glad I'm not the GM. I'd already have no hair left on my head...

Management should be fired on the spot if they even consider it.  There is no excuse for long-term dead cap, let alone sabotaging the franchise with the kind of irreversible damage a buyout like this would cause.  This can't be an option and no one should consider this to be acceptable under any circumstances.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

I don’t see it. I don’t see jersey making that deal but you never know I suppose. I do get where your coming from though 

Jersey is not making a deal for Hughes, and if they are it’s not going to include Nemec or the monstrous offer most fans want lol. Fitzgerald also wants big and suffocating d core, as per another thread.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Jersey is not making a deal for Hughes, and if they are it’s not going to include Nemec or the monstrous offer most fans want lol. Fitzgerald also wants big and suffocating d core, as per another thread.

Devils are competing with the Rags and Islanders for hockey fans in that area.  And hockey is way down the list of sports people like down there.  So any marketing advantage is huge.  Getting all three Hughes together would be super important for marketing.  I’d expect we get pretty much what we want, within reason.  But we don’t want futures, so let ok more to established NHL players.  

52 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It's true...quite honestly, last night when we got down 2-0 I wasn't that worried. It could've quickly turned ugly but it didn't and I think I have more hope when we're down two goals than up two. As weird as that seems. It's a nervous time for me when we have a lead. We play differently. There's something to be learned in that I think maybe they're starting to connect the dots. Keep your foot on the gas stuff.

I feel like once they get a couple goals against out of the way they stop playing so nervous,

Its like okay we know what we have to do, we’ve been here before, let’s get to work. Then they start dictating play more and just start playing with instinct.

When they have the lead it’s like they don’t know what to do with it. Especially if they get it early in the game. They get nervous and seem to wait for something bad to happen. They let the other team dictate play and can’t seem to grab any momentum back.

Its a weird phenomenon but it’s made for some highly entertaining comeback wins!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Devils are competing with the Rags and Islanders for hockey fans in that area.  And hockey is way down the list of sports people like down there.  So any marketing advantage is huge.  Getting all three Hughes together would be super important for marketing.  I’d expect we get pretty much what we want, within reason.  But we don’t want futures, so let ok more to established NHL players.  

They don’t need the 3rd Hughes brother to market their team lol.

What do you expect we would get?

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

With all three going for different records together they will be iconic together.

That value is astronomical.

The Sedins were only two and managed to get the Canucks value sky high.

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

They absolutely would love the three Hughes boys for marketing.  I don’t know what they have we want?  I think they would insist we take Doogie Howser Hamilton though.  So add to him.  

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

They absolutely would love the three Hughes boys for marketing.  I don’t know what they have we want?  I think they would insist we take Doogie Howser Hamilton though.  So add to him.  

lol pretty sure hamilton ain't waiving his NTC to come to vancouver

• Cheers 1