The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Needs to dig out some old videos of Sutter/LE and sit the PKers down to view.  What was it ... 39 consecutive PK shifts over 27 games without their duo being scored on?  I remember Shorty saying it was some kind of record at the tine

We miss Sutts more than is mentioned on here.  

(LE, not so much..)

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, turtle beef said:

yeah.. id rather have a soft Captain that says "its oaky Dilea, stay in your net in the final minute of the game and not give us a chance to win, its only the NHL and were fighting for a playoff spot".   give me a break..

And go give him a hug to, let’s think about his feelings

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, turtle beef said:

yup,  and when you have a goalie that has no idea when to come off for an extra player in the final minute and a fan base that seems  too clueless to understand the situation,  its deserved.

Us Canuck fans are “clueless” about what goes on in the room?  Of course we are.  Shouldn’t we be?  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Boo Smells Bad GIF by SWR3

Couldn't pick a worse player to mentor our youth.

yeah.. id rather have a soft Captain that says "its oaky Dilea, stay in your net in the final minute of the game and not give us a chance to win with an extra attacker, its only the NHL and were fighting for a playoff spot".   give me a break.. 

• RoughGame 1

boeser last 20 games           Total 6 9 15 -12 

Jt miller last 20 games          total 5 11 16 -5

horvat last 20 games.           Total 13 9 22 +1

EP last 20 games.                Totals 10 16 26 +8

oel last  20 games               Totals. 0 9 9 -8 

bet360 - odds on how many years till OEL is bought out- 

8 mill Jt miller performing like boeser will look GREAT  next season.
but yeah he should be upset the goalie didn’t leave the crease fast enough… 

Edited by combover

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Last I checked, JT Miller isn't the coach, and although he wears an A, he doesnt get to tell his goalie what to do. 

That is chilling AF. 

Gotta hope at this point that JT in his current form is a temporary phase. I think the hope we can trade him is about as much a drug-fuelled fantasy as is our chances to get Connor Bedard.

• Vintage 2

We lost a game to a real solid team. 

Was a good test.

We lost due to taking bad penalties. We need to be more focused and diciplined if we want to compete with the better teams.

I haven't read the thread but I imagine a lot of folks are focusing on Miller trying to wake up Delia. Cause, CDC.

On to the next.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Last I checked, JT Miller isn't the coach, and although he wears an A, he doesnt get to tell his goalie what to do. 

no he's not. but this isn't beer league, its the NHL and id say its quite common sense to come off the ice in the final minute of the game when your down a goal. Millers Frustration is justified when your team is floating around 500. and no one seems to take it seriously. i don't blame him one bit.

• RoughGame 1

14 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

The Jets got the better of the Pierre Luc Dubois/Patrik Laine trade.

Dubois is only 24, same age as Petey, but PLD is a power forward, and they typically mature later.

He has the size, the hands and the physicality to be dominant.

He will be a star in the league and the centerpiece of the Jet team for many years.

That’s if he stays with the team. Rumour has it that he doesn’t want to stay in Winnipeg and will bolt after his current 1 year contract.

Just now, luckylager said:

Well.. Bruce hadn't waved Delia out yet. Also, Miller has a history of making terrible cross ice passes from his own zone which result in turnovers. So I can see why Delia was watching the bench, not JT.

As a rule, you don't scream and teammates and smash your stick when they ignore you, especially on the ice. It's a bad a look and poor leadership.

Time and place for talking to your goalie is in the dressing room, unless your giving his pads a tap and saying sorry after a goal.

Dont care.

Cheech disagrees with you but I have never played goal in the NHL and maybe Bruce was thinking to leave him in for some reason? that seems daft...

My point was that sequence had nothing to do with why we lost the game but knew CDC would be in a lather about it. 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1