The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

10 hours ago, mll said:

LeBrun on Insider Trading says the Rangers told teams that called that he's not available - they very much still believe in his long term potential and also told him so.

Perfect. We can get back to focusing on centers and Dmen

On 1/4/2023 at 7:50 AM, Meh said:

I was one of the fans warning about Miller and was roasted by some leadership "experts". Little do people know there is a difference between leadership and louder-ship. Miller is a cancer, I wouldn't let him near my beer league team. 

He’d annihilate your beer league team you wouldn’t even be able to take the puck from him Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Ok so here's my list from highest value to least with Petey and Hughes being the only untouchables... 

Horvat

Kuzmenko 

Mikheyev

Myers

Miller 

Pearson

Garland

Boeser

OEL

To me this looks like

Horvat and Kuz would be the only ones traded because they are the only ones worth any value

The other guys would be more cap dumps where we take an expiring salary of similar value to get rid of any of these guys. A 2nd rounder would be a pipe dream. 

To me, the combination of Horvat and Kuz basically look like a late first, 2 2nd rounders, and maybe a decent prospect (a guy picked in 2nd or 3rd round) 

I don't think that moves the needle much... 

The rest of the names mentioned above are prob worth a 3rd at best.. 

We get significantly worse and basically have a late first and a couple of 2nd rounders to show for it. 

Right now, even our 15 oa pick in Lekkermaki is worrisome. Imagine trading Horvat and Kuz and having our hopes on winning the lottery with our pick along with a late first rounder (from Horvat) panning out is the strategy for the future? 

The more I think about this, I might need to jump on team Aqualini and retool lol. 

What an ugly messy problem

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, R3aL said:

He’d annihilate your beer league team you wouldn’t even be able to take the puck from him Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

It wasn't his skill I was knocking it was his attitude. Hence why I wouldn't let him near my team. It's better to let people think you're an idiot than type something and prove them right.

11 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Ok so here's my list from highest value to least with Petey and Hughes being the only untouchables... 

Horvat

Kuzmenko 

Mikheyev

Myers

Miller 

Pearson

Garland

Boeser

OEL

To me this looks like

Horvat and Kuz would be the only ones traded because they are the only ones worth any value

The other guys would be more cap dumps where we take an expiring salary of similar value to get rid of any of these guys. A 2nd rounder would be a pipe dream. 

To me, the combination of Horvat and Kuz basically look like a late first, 2 2nd rounders, and maybe a decent prospect (a guy picked in 2nd or 3rd round) 

I don't think that moves the needle much... 

The rest of the names mentioned above are prob worth a 3rd at best.. 

We get significantly worse and basically have a late first and a couple of 2nd rounders to show for it. 

Right now, even our 15 oa pick in Lekkermaki is worrisome. Imagine trading Horvat and Kuz and having our hopes on winning the lottery with our pick along with a late first rounder (from Horvat) panning out is the strategy for the future? 

The more I think about this, I might need to jump on team Aqualini and retool lol. 

What an ugly messy problem

don’t hold your breath for draft picks they don’t help win now and as long as Francesco has any say that’s what we’ll be targeting No different that the last 10 years.

we basically will be down grading the top 6 for a bit younger cheaper guys it’ll be quantity over quality. 

I see us even looking at older guys coming back.( get ready for such favorites as “ age gap, and veteran leader” 

maybe even a “ foundational”  

in the end it Really doesn't seem to matter what the GMs say they want to do because  we keep doing the same stupid unspoken plan. Stay just good enough to stay bad the Francesco plan. 

plus kuz and ep get along really good we trade all of his buddies you think he’ll stay? 

For me guys that have to go are garland boeser and unfortunately  because of the shortsighted summer moves and lack of foresight at last years TDL Horvat. 
schenn if he doesn’t want to resign 
bonus would be dumping another mistake in dud pearson (good luck there)

to dump Myers  would be next level 

To admit the mistake and trade miller would unbelievable but I think I have better odds winning the lottery than that. 

in this cap crunched league it’s way harder to fix stupid short sighted mistakes. 

it’s a mess with no easy fix. 

Price just went down for Laf.

He made a ridiculous play in overtime to lose it for the Rags. Was on a 2 on 1 and tried to pass it over. Lost the puck and then skated right into another guy and fell down. Devils came back the other way and scored.

His confidence looks to be at an all time low. Long ways to go if he’s gonna be a star.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He made a ridiculous play in overtime to lose it for the Rags. Was on a 2 on 1 and tried to pass it over. Lost the puck and then skated right into another guy and fell down. Devils came back the other way and scored.

His confidence looks to be at an all time low. Long ways to go if he’s gonna be a star.

Saw that, don't think it'll impact his price though, not in isolation anyway. I don't buy that he's not available though, I could see the Rangers being willing to be patient with him which means they won't give him away, but I do think they'd listen on him. 

Having a guy like Othmann in the stable helps, Rags fans are pretty high on him. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Saw that, don't think it'll impact his price though, not in isolation anyway. I don't buy that he's not available though, I could see the Rangers being willing to be patient with him which means they won't give him away, but I do think they'd listen on him. 

Having a guy like Othmann in the stable helps, Rags fans are pretty high on him. 

I know I’m just kidding at the price. They will still value him highly even if they’ve soured on him.

I definitely think they’ll trade him. I think he’s more likely to be part of a Patrick Kane deal though. That seems like the type of high profile player the Rags usually target.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I know I’m just kidding at the price. They will still value him highly even if they’ve soured on him.

I definitely think they’ll trade him. I think he’s more likely to be part of a Patrick Kane deal though. That seems like the type of high profile player the Rags usually target.

Kane to New York writes itself, reunion with Panarin, it's a deal I could easily see the Hawks making too 

Kane at 50% for Laffy and maybe a 2nd, Hawks would likely need to take some cap back though

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Meh said:

It wasn't his skill I was knocking it was his attitude. Hence why I wouldn't let him near my team. It's better to let people think you're an idiot than type something and prove them right.

You don’t actually know what he’s like in the room or to play with him though. There’s tons of players who display emotion in all of professional sports.

It’s just kind of a ridiculous statement to say you wouldn’t let a PPG nhl vet who wears an A and clearly is talked about as a leader or a teams best forward at times near your beer league team.

im in the camp I would have preferred to trade miller over horvat if we had to choose 1 but the miller hate narratives are a bit extreme. 

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Kane to New York writes itself, reunion with Panarin, it's a deal I could easily see the Hawks making too 

Kane at 50% for Laffy and maybe a 2nd, Hawks would likely need to take some cap back though

something like that I could see happening for sure 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty crazy. Remember watching him in world juniors and thinking he was gonna be a monster 

• Cheers 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:13 PM, Alflives said:

Most important player on the PK is the goalie.  And our goaltending this year has been (mostly) craperolla.  Double Bubble Demko would improve our PK a lot.  

Why do you continue to be so disrespectful to Demko. He's publicly stated in an interview that he doesn't like the reference to 'bubble Demko'.

• Cheers 5

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Your specific post here reminds me of Patrik Stefan, even though it is not the best comparison. For starters, it wasn't an empty net.

Stefan ended up missing the net and his confidence never recovered.

• Cheers 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:57 AM, Fan since 82 said:

Why do you continue to be so disrespectful to Demko. He's publicly stated in an interview that he doesn't like the reference to 'bubble Demko'.

Our AHL calibre goalies have a record of 14-9-1. If Demko was at the top of his game we would be in good shape. We knew our offense would be great and our defense poor - goaltending is kind of the difference maker between playoffs and not.