The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] NJD VAN

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Horvat for Nemec (+Tatar if needed cap wise)

Would you trade a 30goal scorer for potential top pairing Defenceman?

I agree Nemce 6'2, 200 lbs 18 -AHL numbers last week 18 pts 18 GP? I read that somewhere before world Jr U 20 started...

I think he is core player for Devils already...

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I doubt there's a single player in the entire Canucks organization, including every single guy on the current roster, that the Devils would do one-for-one for Nemec. 

Maybe Hughes if they're so keen to unite the brothers?  Or if they want to find a definitive #1 LW for Hischier they could try for Petey?
That's all I got.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:50 PM, HKSR said:

I think we can all see why Nemec is untouchable. A top pairing RHD like that will never be moved unless it was a monumental trade offer (ie. Petey+Hughes+1st lol)

It wouldn't be *that* high but the asking price for Nemac would probably involve Pettersson.

4 minutes ago, Ruthervin said:

It wouldn't be *that* high but the asking price for Nemac would probably involve Pettersson.

NJD doesn't need Pettersson though.  They already have Hischier and Hughes as their C1/C2 combo.  Fitzgerald calls them their pillars to build around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mll said:

NJD doesn't need Pettersson though.  They already have Hischier and Hughes as their C1/C2 combo.  Fitzgerald calls them their pillars to build around.

Agreed.  I was just giving an example of what Nemac's asking price/trade value truly would be.  Horvat wouldn't even come close to Nemac's value (even if NJD needed a center).

On 1/5/2023 at 12:20 AM, mll said:

Jack Hughes it horrendous in the faceoff circle.  They could easily move him to left wing to play with Petey.  Petey and Hughes, Hischier and Bratt.  Would be the deadliest 1st and 2nd line combo in the NHL really.  Hughes wouldn't have to worry about playing defence at all and Petey and Hischier are two of the best scoring 200' players in the NHL.

Does New Jersey really need Nemec?  Hamilton and Marino are signed long term.  Adding Petey up front would make their team alot better than having Nemec on the 3rd pairing.

As a Canuck, I would never trade Petey for Nemec anyways.  Petey is far more valuable as a 200' foot 1C who can maybe score 100 points and win the Selke trophy...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Him and Luke Hughes should be untouchables, they could be what Burns and Karlsson never were - two prime defencemen at once. Most smart teams would split puck moving defencemen and probably play them alongside a veteran though. They could easily be in the Norris voting for a solid decade or two, scary.

NJD are spoilt, they have plenty of middle tier RDs as well. Hamilton, Severson and Marino are in their prime right now. Surely Severson gets traded or walks this offseason but he has played big minutes lately.

They probably should trade one D for a big strong physical forward for the playoffs though.

If they want one of Miller, Boeser or Horvat for a D package, go for it. They probably don't need Horvat but I could see Miller or Boeser as a nice fit there. Miller/Boeser for Severson straight up would do nicely.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Him and Luke Hughes should be untouchables, they could be what Burns and Karlsson never were - two prime defencemen at once. Most smart teams would split puck moving defencemen and probably play them alongside a veteran though. They could easily be in the Norris voting for a solid decade or two, scary.

NJD are spoilt, they have plenty of middle tier RDs as well. Hamilton, Severson and Marino are in their prime right now. Surely Severson gets traded or walks this offseason but he has played big minutes lately.

They probably should trade one D for a big strong physical forward for the playoffs though.

If they want one of Miller, Boeser or Horvat for a D package, go for it. They probably don't need Horvat but I could see Miller or Boeser as a nice fit there. Miller/Boeser for Severson straight up would do nicely.

Canucks should add Schenn and try to get Marino.