The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, combover said:

You watch the only game they’ll lose will be Chicago lololololololol

classic Canucks almost time to go on a pointless run to ruin draft position. 
be buyers at the deadline for fingers crossed  all important “ playoff revenue” 

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Aquilinis: 

Try it again.

Fans:

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, you're not wrong

But I don't see Boeser being easy to move, I don't see us moving Hughes, and I question whether management has the balls to fix their mistake by trading Miller 

If miller keeps spazzing out they won’t be able to ignore it. Also boesers tradable. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Who's gonna replace him? Nobody comes close to replacing him and no return will come close in any short amount of time. He's been the most reliable player for years and is currently the team MVP.

I get we have to move him but we're are sure gonna suck for the next 2-3 years, maybe more.

Petey comes pretty close and he's better defensively. 

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

After apparently not being able to drum up much in terms of trade for Miller, then panicking and signing that 7x8 deal (lol)….how many actually believe this management team is going to get a trade haul in line with Horvat’s value? I’m skeptical.

They want a "hockey trade" for Horvat. What playoff team will gut their roster for Horvat rather than spend picks/prospects on the next guy and keep their roster?

They're gonna get picks and prospects for Horvat and those will take a while to pan out. Might as well trade out others and reset IMO. 

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Not blaming Bruce, I want major roster changes, though I’m looking forward to the new head coach.

Yea a new coach is needed along with a major overhaul on the back end.

If ownership were smart they would be on the phone with Trotz offering him the moon. There’s a guy that knows how to build a team from the D out.

Get him in here coaching for a couple years to lay the groundwork and then transition him into management to replace one of our useless assistant GMs.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I count 3 odd man rushes directly his fault as well, which has exaggerated my vision of the goals. 

Fact is Myers has been AHL quality all game. We pay him 6 mil a year. He deserves to be benched next game

Myers kinda blows.