The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, Canuck You said:

Surprised people actually make the effort to go to these games, Some empty seats might light a fire under management's arse.

They must have enjoyed the covid years with all the empty seat. They sure seem to play like it.

Just now, Devron said:

No that’s just a straight up giveaway in front of the net. May as well blame someone from the bench 

It's a horrible giveaway but just because your teammate gives it away doesn't mean you can stop playing hockey. He literally spun off a defender towards Boeser who could have easily just poked the puck (not even a quick pivot) and continued his tug boat turn and was able to settle and snipe it bar down.

Boeser had a full second (that's a lot of time) to react and do something about it and chose not to. That's lazy af. That's peak Ovechkin put the controller down lazy. 

21 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Wow! That January schedule will be the Nail in the coffin for this team.    Except for Chicago, I would expect them to lose every other game this month as they'll finally have to play a long string against good teams instead of mediocre teams.      That should be perfect timing for JR and PA to start the tear-down at trade deadline.

C5957D84-EA36-4968-BAE8-E1268157999B.jpeg

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Well neither of them are living up to their contract really (I'm judging JT against his upcoming contract). Boes has 6 goals in 29 games. That a 15 goal pace.

And whether Millers attitude is a factor or just media fodder, other teams are taking note. If the team that signed him long term is trying to move him before his contract even kicks in, then I doubt teams will even offer a low ball bid for him.

I'm just saying, IMHO this new management combined with poor player performance has screwed this team worse than most people realize

Miller to a veteran team with stoing leadership and coaching probably wouldn't be an issue.  Washington has been a team I've mentioned......guarantee Ovi does t put up with crap

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

It's a horrible giveaway but just because your teammate gives it away doesn't mean you can stop playing hockey. He literally spun off a defender towards Boeser who could have easily just poked the puck (not even a quick pivot) and continued his tug boat turn and was able to settle and snipe it bar down.

Boeser had a full second (that's a lot of time) to react and do something about it and chose not to. That's lazy af. That's peak Ovechkin put the controller down lazy. 

Don’t give the puck away. Don’t get scored on. All goals have been giveaways