The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

11 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

@Coconuts Hurricanes on the clock?

If the rumour of Canucks liking Pit offer but wanting a younger C back, then if Carolina was to offer JK in a deal that would make sense. Problem of course is, will Carolina want to take on Miller into his late 30s at 8m when they have always said they don't want to do that. Side note, doing what Carolina has been doing has lead to making the playoffs but never putting them over the top to be a threat to win the cup. 

Don't think Carolina does a JT trade, can see them adding JVR for a heck of a lot less maybe they get Schmaltz from Arizona

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

But that wasn’t an issue with Bruce for you? Cmon that’s a double edged sword, Bruce wasn’t giving it his all, far to relaxed and that translates to the team and that pissed miller off that’s my take anyhow 

Why didn’t EP or Hughes quit then? Character. Pride.

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

He probably knew very well JT would not react well at all to public criticism. And let’s face it, he’s one prickly pear.

Look at other members of our “core”….none of them had the sudden uptick in quality of play once Bruce was fired like JT did. Character wise, I’d put EP far above. And people think JT is captain material. It could be entertaining….in the way some people find car crashes entertaining I suppose.

These are my thoughts currently. But I’m open to having my mind changed.

Anyone who approaches life like this, is alright by me.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

He probably knew very well JT would not react well at all to public criticism. And let’s face it, he’s one prickly pear.

Look at other members of our “core”….none of them had the sudden uptick in quality of play once Bruce was fired like JT did. Character wise, I’d put EP far above. And people think JT is captain material. It could be entertaining….in the way some people find car crashes entertaining I suppose.

These are my thoughts currently. But I’m open to having my mind changed.

I want JT here. He's part of the new attitude moving forward. His cap hit is fine, the cap will be a lot higher in the last years of his contract. Very happy to have this gamer here. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1

Just now, Makaramel MacKhiato said:

Heard that the Pens deal fell apart because the Pens were offering firsts instead of prospects. If this is true, we absolutely blew it. In 3 years we will paying to get rid of Miller and those picks will be coming into the league. Patrik All-in blows it again

picks. nobody said firsts. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

J.T. Miller wasn't traded prior to the trade deadline.

This can be revisited in the off-season, after the lottery, when we know where we’re picking.

In the meantime, would love to see Kravtzov and Podkolzin flanking JTM for a few games

32 minutes ago, tas said:

picks. nobody said firsts. 

And the rumour was from Dreger, the Leafs' shill for many years, which Friedman apparently said was bunk. He was likely just trying to keep ratings up.

Look at it this way, If the Canucks were getting picks and not players, they'd have to be 1sts/2nds to be worth it. Pens didn't have any extra in the first two rounds for the next couple of seasons, so at best they would have been spread out to get two 1sts. And if they did give that up, without us retaining anything significant, management here takes that and runs while spending the next week or so looking for a stop gap at least to help the team this year. Can always find someone in UFA and then draft/develop.

There isn't any way they would have been more handcuffed by trading Miller for a good return than they would be by keeping him until his contract/NTC kicks in.

• Cheers 1

Yay, win now with a flawed team that can't win!  Let's keep adding soft, expensive talent and calling this 10+ year rebuild a re-tool!  I honestly hope Aquaman never sees playoff revenue ever again.

Edited by Plaguez

On 3/1/2023 at 11:21 AM, -DLC- said:

WTH you talking about?

The guy who signed on here long term? Likely for less than what he was worth?

sorry, How is JT worth more than everyone else on the team. The long term part is memories of Luongo and the Pasta debacle which f**ked our cap for many years

On 3/1/2023 at 4:04 AM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

What help do you think the extra cap is going to give us fixing the blueline? We've been trying to patch up the blueline via free agency and trades for years and it's been a disaster. Be patient, stockpile picks over the next couple seasons (the team isn't going anywhere next year anyways), and wait and see what happens. Maybe OEL regains his form, maybe he retires, maybe he opens up to the possibility of a trade, or maybe we buy him out then. Point is that there's no reason to do it now. 

OEL and Myers might be great again, as the 3rd pair.