The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

You never know.  Miller seems unlikely.  I wouldn't have expected them to trade for 37 year old Burns either but they did.  2 more years on his contract.  

I think any Miller trade is unlikely. We blew that over the summer when we signed him. But I do think if he's going to be traded, Carolina is likely the leading candidate.

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

True. But their owner came out and said this year they are going to be serious buyers, right? He might be pushing for a big move, and not so concerned about five years down the road. 

He's the one that wants them to build an endless window.  Aggressive sure but for a player that's still young.

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's not on that deal yet

I likely think at this time if Management trades Miller,  it will send that message across the league / and agencies, that the Canucks are not honourable in negations when they come out and say they want to keep an established player, and sign him.

Then,  try and attract any established player who could put you on his list of destinations.

Good faith signings work well in so many other dimensions.

Edited by SilentSam

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I likely think at this time if Management trades Miller,  it will send that message across the league / and agencies, that the Canucks are not honourable in negations when they come out and say they want to keep an established player, and sign him.

Then,  try and attract any established player who could put you on his list of destinations.

Good faith signings work well in so many other dimensions.

I don't "think" he's going to be moved either, but it's also definitely possible if they get the right offer.  For all we know, a possible trade thos season might have been discussed and he was ok with it.  I can think of almost $60m reasons why he's probably ok if it happens.

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

If they don't want to include Morrow, deal's off in my opinion.  Getting Morrow would be the whole point.

They have plenty of other pieces I'd happily take a combination of... Jarvis, Drury, Heimosalmi, Nikishin, Seeley...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

They have plenty of other pieces I'd happily take a combination of... Jarvis, Drury, Heimosalmi, Nikishin, Seeley...

Nick Suzki's brother is a prospect for the Canes too Ryan I believe. Carolina seems to draft quite well, I was hoping we would have pried Eric Tulsky to be our new GM but we went in a different direction

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We've gotta find a way to get at least one promising RHD prospect with our remaining trade assets, and Morrow is one of the most promising out there.  He'd defnitely be worth holding out for, IMO.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

We've gotta find a way to get at least one promising RHD prospect with our remaining trade assets, and Morrow is one of the most promising out there.  He'd defnitely be worth holding out for, IMO.

They can use other assets to get one if it doesn't work in a deal though.

Sure, that would be fine, but how many better young RHD prospects than Morrow are out there (that we could potentially get)?  All I'm saying is that if Carolina really wants someone we have and we can potentially get him in return, then we need to try our best to do that and not just hope that we can get another asset that we can possibly turn into another young RHD who's just as good or better.