The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Posters piling on as if they are smart make the CDC a Debbie Downer kind of place.

This is supposed to be for FANS, not whinging turds.

Blow it all up, trade everyone away, bad owner, bad mngt, bad coaching, bad players, it is all just a keyboard ego-trip.

You have ruined a good thing.

Lol. Am I not allowed to be disappointed and still be a fan? Our neighbours in the standings are Philadelphia, Montreal, and San Jose. None of which are expected to make the playoffs.

Imagine being realistic about the state of our team, and still being a fan.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

If ownership ponies up, buyout OEL or retain 3M on a trade. Give Myers his bonus at the end of the year and trade his 1M salary to a bottom team.

This opens the door to two new young top 4 defenders to join our team. One of which should be attained from a Bo trade. Maybe we luck out where  Schenn plus can get us the other good young defender.   

46 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Adam Larsson I couldn’t understand. I just can’t let it go. I wanted to sign him so badly. He doesn’t even entertain free agency. Blows my mind. Him with Hughes would have been amazing and cost effective 

I just cantttt

Swedish Mafia really crapped the bed on selling him Vancouver in free agency there :(

Between that and be management missing out on Marino...

Imagine how much better we'd look with Hughes, Larson and OEL, Marino as our top 4...:picard:

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Swedish Mafia really created the bed on selling him Vancouver in free agency there :(

Imagine how much better we'd look with Hughes, Larson and OEL, Marino as our top 4...:picard:

What? You don’t like Myers, OEL, and Stillman?

• There it is 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

What? You don’t like Myers, OEL, and Stillman?

I don't mind OEL. Myers isn't a bad player in a vacuum, just no fit in our top 4 with the guys we have on the left.  He's just an ill fitting chaos giraffe in the way of us improving unfortunately.

Just now, aGENT said:

I don't mind OEL. Myers isn't a bad player in a vacuum, just no fit in our top 4 with the guys we have on the left.  He's just an ill fitting chaos giraffe in the way of us improving unfortunately.

I don’t mind OEL for around 2.5 M. Myers seems to have completely forgotten how to play defense, regardless of what Hoover he’s presently residing in. 

Just now, canuckfromlangley said:

Well I've officially become apathetic. Totally forgot the team was playing today. 

Makes total sense. I’m looking at this team presently like I would a zombie movie. I’m convinced that almost everyone will be gone and can’t look away. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t mind OEL for around 2.5 M. Myers seems to have completely forgotten how to play defense, regardless of what Hoover he’s presently residing in. 

None of these guys have forgotten anything. They're still good players but they need defensive D partners to play with, to get the most out of them (and more than one or two forwards who actually back check and support the puck). We only have one Schenn (who's playing over his head already) to spread around to three offensive D. We have a fit/roster construction issue, not a lack of talent.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

None of these guys have forgotten anything. They're still good players but they need defensive D partners to play with, to get the most out of them (and more than one or two forwards who actually back check and support the puck). We only have one Schenn (who's playing over his head already) to spread around to three offensive D. We have a fit/roster construction issue, not a lack of talent.

They have been mixed and matched with no change...

We can't be babysitting these guys. Why should we find matching D partners when real pro's find a way to be better.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

They have been mixed and matched with no change...

We can't be babysitting these guys. Why should we find matching D partners when real pro's find a way to be better.

Mix and matching the same I'll fitting pieces isn't going to fix anything is it? They're all offensive leaning D (of varying degrees) who need to free wheel with the puck to be successful. To do so, they need a reliable partner that can cover them while they're doing so. Playing them with eachother will only lead to failure. As it has.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Swedish Mafia really created the bed on selling him Vancouver in free agency there :(

I know i really thought we were gonna get too.

That would have been tremendous..

Hughes-Larsson

OEL-Marino

Dermott-Schenn

i would have been very okay with this unit 

since myers would have been able to trade as alll the insiders say.

• Cheers 1

Here’s a suggestion : play 8 d so when OEL or Myers is having a garbage game we can at least bench them 

run with 10 forwards or 3 lines 

one grinder/Pk line

One defensive checking line

one pure offensive line

spot in the 10th forward as BB sees fit

surely it could not be worse than what’s been on display

Kuzy - Petey - miky (offensive line)

Millsy -Bowie- Boesy (checking line)

lazy - study - joshy. (Energy pk line)

woody

+ 8 d

Edited by Zerofaith

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He played well

against Colorado he really did. 

not sure why he’s so inconsistent 

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

He played well

against Colorado he really did. 

not sure why he’s so inconsistent 

Ill fitting defensemen with incompatible partners playing on a team with a dearth of two way forwards and almost no puck support/structure (or team identity).

I'm still amazed so many fans think this should look better than it does :lol:

Just look at the arguing with me on this very page! :lol:

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Mix and matching the same I'll fitting pieces isn't going to fix anything is it? They're all offensive leaning D (of varying degrees) who need to free wheel with the puck to be successful. To do so, they need a reliable partner that can cover them while they're doing so. Playing them with eachother will only lead to failure. As it has.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2