The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Kuzy said:

You gotta be a special kind of stupid to believe we'll make the playoffs let alone contend this year. Blow it all up JR.

I think the blow up is far beyond what we think it is. It's gonna get a good power wash too. 

Free beer for everyone, of age of course. 

We now have clear expectations, a blow up/ she's a comen and i love it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Does it scare anyone else that they have no idea what management is going to do?

Like I’m not convinced they’re not trying to make a hockey trade right now in order to salvage the season.

It would be nice if we had some clear message from them, but they all seem to be in hiding. They couldn’t even take the time to talk to season ticket holders, they had to throw Smyl out there.

Hasn’t management made it perfectly clear the franchise isn’t going to rebuild, so hockey trades are what they will do?  Everything they’ve done in their year has been about bringing in NHL players who are in their mid twenties.  

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Hasn’t management made it perfectly clear the franchise isn’t going to rebuild, so hockey trades are what they will do?  Everything they’ve done in their year has been about bringing in NHL players who are in their mid twenties.  

Yea but there’s hockey trades that make sense where you’re bringing in young centers and D men with an eye on building for the future.

Then there’s hockey trades where you’re bringing in 28 year olds and trying to band aid holes in the roster.

Edited by DeNiro

Top-5 draft pick in 2023

Trading Bo for futures and a young defensman 

Acquiring a shutdown 3C 

More defensive-oriented coaching 

all put together created a night and day difference 

Keep Calm, Carry On, and god bless Riley stillman 

Edited by eeeeergh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Does it scare anyone else that they have no idea what management is going to do?

Like I’m not convinced they’re not trying to make a hockey trade right now in order to salvage the season.

It would be nice if we had some clear message from them, but they all seem to be in hiding. They couldn’t even take the time to talk to season ticket holders, they had to throw Smyl out there.

Scared Horror GIF

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was think something similar 

almost like owners said this is the plan this is what I want. 

resign miller boeser ect

since we went on that pointless  streak last season after Bruce took over 

owners once again though and was wrong that we were close. 

so PA JR said thats dumb but hey it’s your team so they’ve done what he asked now there showing him just how stupid he is. 
There not fixing anything and waiting for the ok let’s try it your way from the crappy clueless owner. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Smell that boys? Smells like Adam Fantilli.

Also, just love watching Petey get manhandled by Dubois. Almost as if being 165 pounds probably ain't it chief. I am okay getting the Petey fanboys mad. Cause Petey makes me mad when he gets worked over and it costs us. Whatever. Still love Petey, just wish he was more stout. Feel like Hoglander can fight off people better than Petey. Guy is 5'9 at best.

1 minute ago, combover said:

I was think something similar 

almost like owners said this is the plan this is what I want. 

resign miller boeser ect

since we went on that pointless  streak last season after Bruce took over 

owners once again though and was wrong that we were close. 

so PA JR said thats dumb but hey it’s your team so they’ve done what he asked now there showing him just how stupid he is. 
There not fixing anything and waiting for the ok let’s try it your way from the crappy clueless owner. 

And PA/JR have two years left on their contracts.  So two years to build a winner within the guidelines of the owner.  I just don’t see futures being very important to management.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Also, just love watching Petey get manhandled by Dubois. Almost as if being 165 pounds probably ain't it chief. I am okay getting the Petey fanboys mad. Cause Petey makes me mad when he gets worked over and it costs us. Whatever. Still love Petey, just wish he was more stout. Feel like Hoglander can fight off people better than Petey. Guy is 5'9 at best.

Are you why my bottle is empty?

image.gif.a63373b04262f4bc95bbb10a5bfcba60.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

And PA/JR have two years left on their contracts.  So two years to build a winner within the guidelines of the owner.  I just don’t see futures being very important to management.  

Agreed .  not as long as Francesco has any say.

the proof is the last 10 years and our non existent prospect pool. 

The lose now plan is still in full effect. 
continue to stay just good enough to stay bad.

It’s just hilarious that we’re trading players like horvat or miller those are guys we should be adding to and supporting  at this point.

But nope time to take 5 streps back. 

• There it is 1

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Fanboy

• Haha 1