The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday January 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 2pm PT/5pm ET - PNC Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

20 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I agree and disagree.   NFL will always be #1 south of the border - period. Hockey will likely not even be top 5 overall. 

But there are pockets in the US where hockey has a strong,  long -term fan base.  Over one hundred thousand attendance for the battle of Michigan outdoor game proves that.

One thing the US does,  not unlike anywhere else, is support a new novelty team or a winning product, and Bettman knows this.  If Carolina is a novelty right now (cuz they're winning, like Vegas and Seattle),  Bettman will be there to exploit it, that's a guarantee. 

There are pockets absolutely. I live near DC now, the caps have a great fanbase. Pittsburgh, Detroit and the northern areas all have great long term fanbases. It's the southern states where I think it's an endless marketing exercise. Just makes me sad that so many great players dwell in places that no-one cares.

If you watched the nucks vs san jose game, the crowd was pathetic. But somehow it became half-full attendance wise.

image.png.0e3d3e53299fbe99b9d0171773ac0279.png

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
sharks

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Wish they would give him one more home game so the fans can show their appreciation.

Maybe one last “Bruce, there it is!” chant?!

I do not wish for Bruce to be fired but , if it does happen before the next home game I hope there is a Bruce chant that can be heard in FA’s office 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

I do not wish for Bruce to be fired but , if it does happen before the next home game I hope there is a Bruce chant that can be heard in FA’s office 

“Sell the team!” is the only chant I think they’ll be hearing.