The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On a brighter note, it's time to let the air out of this thread...

#fartgate has been solved!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/vancouver-canucks-goaltender-collin-delia-breaks-his-silence-on-fartgate/ar-AA16FmiT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=211218ec687448ef9215e6d73c867796

We had to get to the bottom of this, so following today’s Canucks practice, we caught up with goaltender Collin Delia, who was the goaltender on the ice when “the incident” took place. Delia didn’t even need us to show him the clip to know what we were talking about.

“It was my skate,” Delia told CanucksArmy. “The one-piece skate.”

Spencer Martin overheard this conversation and wanted to jump in to offer up more information. “It’s the one piece skate!” Martin said with a laugh. “We actually talked about it before that game. Him and Demmer [Thatcher Demko] have the fart stop sometimes.”

Delia and Demko both use a one-piece goalie skate, a newer piece of equipment created by goaltending equipment brand TRUE. Unlike traditional two-piece skates that feature a boot with a blade holder attached at the bottom, Delia’s one-piece skate is essentially all connected. The boot is wrapped in carbon and goes right into the blade holder.

These one-piece skates are custom-moulded and tighter than two-piece skates, and sometimes even just a little bit of movement can create the perfect squeak that makes the hockey world debate whether or not someone let one rip audibly enough that every broadcast of the game picked it up.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/vancouver-canucks-goaltender-collin-delia-breaks-his-silence-on-fartgate/ar-AA16FmiT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=211218ec687448ef9215e6d73c867796

We had to get to the bottom of this, so following today’s Canucks practice, we caught up with goaltender Collin Delia, who was the goaltender on the ice when “the incident” took place. Delia didn’t even need us to show him the clip to know what we were talking about.

Spencer Martin overheard this conversation and wanted to jump in to offer up more information. “It’s the one piece skate!” Martin said with a laugh. “We actually talked about it before that game. Him and Demmer [Thatcher Demko] have the fart stop sometimes.”

Delia and Demko both use a one-piece goalie skate, a newer piece of equipment created by goaltending equipment brand TRUE. Unlike traditional two-piece skates that feature a boot with a blade holder attached at the bottom, Delia’s one-piece skate is essentially all connected. The boot is wrapped in carbon and goes right into the blade holder.

These one-piece skates are custom-moulded and tighter than two-piece skates, and sometimes even just a little bit of movement can create the perfect squeak that makes the hockey world debate whether or not someone let one rip audibly enough that every broadcast of the game picked it up.

Very honourable of Delia to take the fall for Cheech.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 4

So Frank Seravalli claims  (on crystal clear authority, no less)  JR & PA wanted to fire Bruce months ago but couldn’t get approval from FA. That’s an issue all by itself but aside from that the team needs to find out where all the leaks come from in this organization.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who's reporting this? Just seems made up. 

If true, I'll say Boeser. He knows Tocchet will put him to work.  

it is made up as is that ridiculous article floating around with Greens, BB and Tocchets annual salaries. GUYs no one knows their salaries, no one its all speculation. Everyone's Financials are a closely held secret. There is only or 5 people total between both parties who know the real salaries and this type of info would never leak out without one of those 5 being fired, breaking financial confidentiality is a fierable offense.

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nah this has coverup written all over it 

yet another case of COWARDLY RUTHERFORD hiding the TRUTH. 

I’ve skated before, and I’ve farted before. My skates have never farted, and my farts have never skated.

Dont believe the LIES from this CLASSLESS and GASEOUS organization 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Nah this has coverup written all over it 

yet another case of COWARDLY RUTHERFORD hiding the TRUTH. 

I’ve skated before, and I’ve farted before. My skates have never farted, and my farts have never skated.

Dont believe the LIES from this CLASSLESS and GASEOUS organization 

Rutherford entered the wrong door and let one rip?

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

He lies brazenly about his intentions, who’s to say he’s not hiding SEVERE FLATULENCE as well? How can we trust the air that comes out of his mouth? Or other places? 

His intentions are as filthy as his Gonchar

• Haha 3