The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Tdl for me.  If they trade bo and keep miller, that's probably it for me.......at least as a dedicated fan

Bo's having a great season, like Miller did last year. I think Miller has a lot more in him and Tocchet will get that out of him. Canucks need more Millers, guys that care and hate losing. Bo looks like he doesn't give a s*** most days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

So what, gambling on sports doesn't make someone a terrible human.  

Getting a girl pregnant and then running away from responsibilities and letting a kid grow up without a father would make someone a 'terrible human'.  

Too much hyperbole. 

Maybe but let’s not pretend that entering into an illegal 50/50 partnership with an active duty cop to set up a gambling & money laundering ring

doesn’t say a lot about a person’s ethics and morals.

He paid his dues so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s grown. I was never aware of his social media stuff so we’ll see how he conducts himself as a member of the organization as opposed to when he was in the media looking for clicks. 

Still open-minded and hopeful but I don’t have a good feeling about this.

Just now, CanuckRookieFan said:

JR and management has passed judgment on Bruce for months, why you telling me this when I learn from the best

There’s nothing wrong with management passing judgment on a coach they did not hire. It is their job to evaluate coaching staff.

whats not okay is the way they handled it from the start of year to the day he was fired. 

the process was incredibly wrong.

And you pick who your role models and mentors are, choose wisely.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

It's not fair to Tocchet to arrive with so much hate around him. Think about it, with fans angry about Bruce its not fair at all to Tocchet and to the way he is being recieved. 

Sure he has watch this situation yet accepted the job,so yes it is fair.

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You can think whatever you want. I don't even live in Vancouver. I can't even afford Vancouver. I'm in Prince George; yet, Calgary still has cheaper housing.

If you think I'm a failure for moving to Calgary because I can actually afford a place and pay a mortgage rather than paying rent, then go for it. Think of me as a failure for getting myself ahead in life.

Perhaps you should not be so quick to judge others.

Wow, what a dick. So much money in PG. That guy has no idea what he's talking about. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

For the record,  before people get too excited:

Foote has zero professional coaching experience and only ever coached 1 'meh' season in the WHL when his son was on the team.

Gonchar only has coaching experience with one other NHL team, of which he was a former player.

Tocchet has a career losing record as an NHL coach.

Brilliant.......... keep the tank going. 

2 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

It's not fair to Tocchet to arrive with so much hate around him. Think about it, with fans angry about Bruce its not fair at all to Tocchet and to the way he is being recieved. 

Life isn’t fair, no one forced him here. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm still holding on to a grain of hope that someone is going to get through to these people

I don’t know I feel they think Horvat is the better trade chip to retool and replace with the trade and or upcoming draft we’ve tanked for.

and perhaps they think Tocchet and Jt Miller are going to be Magic together with him insulated in a tighter system. 

But it’s clear as day the NYR chytil lundkvist 1st, trade nils for another 1st so two firsts and chytil for miller and signing Bo to a sub 7.5/ season deal last summer would have been a better hand to play. 

• There it is 1

45 minutes ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

Tocchet there it is , Tocchet there it is......got a nice ring to it. I don't give a F%$k who's behind the bench all that matters is W's. You saps bleeding out your hearts for millionairs just doing their jobs is pathetic 

Rick, what's the spread?!? Rick, what's the spread?!?

• There it is 1

28 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

But integrity and morals usually don't.

We'll see. I'm tired of negativity and now that I've put my thoughts on how Bruce was treated out there, I'm facing forward. I live by the hate/drinking poison and expecting someone else to die deal.

I will welcome the new "team" in and see what they do and, also important to me, how they do it.

Winning isn't everything to me...I want a team I can be proud of for how they conduct themselves too. Some don't care...winning at all costs. I do though...it's a personal thing. The Sedins didn't "win it all" but that doesn't take away what they are in my eyes. True champions in life. A guy raising a cup doesn't get a free pass from me...there's more to it than that. What kind of human being are you? That matters too.

But, cheers to the future...let's see what it holds.

In fact, when it's said that people change, it is often exactly their level of integrity and moral values that change. There aren't too many of us who can say we've never made a big mistake from which we've learned valuable lessons. Being caught with your hand in the cookie jar type of embarrassments is going to change a person; most for the good. I'll definitely reserve judgement for right now.

• Upvote 1

Hiring a coach with a losing record. Hiring assistants with limited coaching experience.

Are Rutherford and Alvin stealth tanking? 

Or are they hoping for a bounce where we win a number of games and pick 12th overall,

Ya that’s be good.

Clowns.